by seves
Visitor

Unable to cancel contract as taken out in store! Absolute joke!

Took out a contract in store as was leaving Vodafone. Vodafone will now not let me cancel my contract without paying a stupid amount! 

EE won't let me cancel my new contract as I took it out in store! The device is still sealed!

Can anyone advise me on my rights!?

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Unable to cancel contract as taken out in store! Absolute joke!

Hi @seves 

unfortunately when taking out the contract you are agreeing to the terms and conditions when you sign up. 

Your contract will state how long it runs for and the only way to cancel is to pay off the remainder of the contract, effectively buying yourself out of it. 

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@seves what's the amount of the leaving Vodafone fee you will have? Is it for early termination of contract? If, yes, then that is normal.

As for you not being able cancel the new contract that you took out in an EE Shop, well that is correct, too. You get no right to change your mind and cancel when you take out the contract in store. You can try to cancel it, but there is no onus on the shop to let you do so. I do suggest that you do try to cancel it though. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you only have the statutory rights of a 14-day cooling off period when buying at a distance, i.e. by phone or online but not in a shop as it is considered that when buying in store you had ample opportunity to handle, inspect & try the goods & ask any Qs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.