by Lisabee812
Explorer

Transferring account name

Hi guys

My mother took a price plan in her name for me 8 years ago due to my poor credit issues. I have now repaired my credit to "excellent". I know She needs to call when we are together and I will go through the appropriate credit checks. My question is... Will the 30% F&F discount carry over to my name once/if the account is transferred ?

thanks in advance 

lisa 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Transferring account name

Hello @Lisabee812

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

When you transfer the account into your name, all add-ons and discounts on the account will be carried over; the only thing that will change is the account holders name. Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @Lisabee812

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

When you transfer the account into your name, all add-ons and discounts on the account will be carried over; the only thing that will change is the account holders name. Smiley Happy

by Lisabee812
Explorer

Thank you!! Once the account is in my name is there any length of time I need to wait to switch to a sim only or upgrade for a new handset?  We are out of current contract and can upgrade for free.

Thank you 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lisabee812

Welcome to the community 🙂

I see @Inyourbox has expertly answered your original question. 🙂

As you're out of contract, you should be able to change to SIM only or upgrade almost straight away.

We advise waiting 2-3 days to allow our sales/upgrades systems to all update with the new account information.

Chris 😄

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.