cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Switched from pay as you go to pay monthly

Ch3
Investigator
Investigator

I recently got a new phone on pay monthly and switched from pay as you go. But I got a new sim with the phone after asking for the same number to be kept, and I’m not sure what SIM card I’m meant to use my old one or the new one. The new one is a new number. But when I log onto my ee app it still shows my pay as you go credit and I can’t seem to find my contract credit on the app as it still shows my old pay as you go calls/texts/data. 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Ch3 

Did you use EE's switch to pay monthly service?

If not, how did you go about purchasing the new pay-monthly phone?

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Ch3 

If you call customer services on 150 they will be able to transfer your number from your existing PAYG account on to your new PAYM account it normally only takes a few seconds for the transfer to complete but it can take up to 24 hours.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just use the old SIM if it fits. If they've done what you asked the new contract plan should be on that SIM. A new SIM is sent just in case of issues.

You need to call CS to delete your old PAYG MyEE a/c & then you can set up your new contract MyEE a/c afresh, using the same mobile no. & email addy if desired. You can't mix them under MyEE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)