by Jl9_85
Explorer

Still waiting for activation of sim swap

I was sent an upgrade yesterday after losing my old phone. I was told to keep my number I'd have to activate the new sim online by following the link in an email that was sent. 

I've been trying to do this since yesterday. I get as far as step 1 entering my number and then the security word but the page won't recognise it. 

I can't call a helpline because I have no phone...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Still waiting for activation of sim swap

Hi @JI9_85,

You'll not be able to use the SIM swap page without your old SIM card. (It sends a security code to your old SIM)

When you reported your phone lost, our customer service team will have sent you a pre-activated replacement SIM in the post.

Please chat with customer service on our get in touch page and they'll see if they can activate your SIM card for you.

Thanks

James

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Still waiting for activation of sim swap

Hi @JI9_85,

You'll not be able to use the SIM swap page without your old SIM card. (It sends a security code to your old SIM)

When you reported your phone lost, our customer service team will have sent you a pre-activated replacement SIM in the post.

Please chat with customer service on our get in touch page and they'll see if they can activate your SIM card for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.