Highlighted
by VeronicaMCV Investigator
Investigator

Stay with EE without upgrading but with a new Contract

Hi,

I've been with EE for the past 6 years and always upgrading after the ending of the 24 months contract. I never got a better deal when upgrading. There are better deals when you buy a new contract. This spring i am due for an upgrade as my 24 months contract is coming to an end. I looked through the upgrading deals on EE's website and on Carphone Warehouse but the deals are not good. I found a good deal with EE but for a new contract so i am wondering can i close this contract i have now at the end of the 24 months and get a new contract still with EE and transfer my existing EE phone number to the new EE contract?It is very important for me to keep my existing phone number.  

There should be better deals for people that want to upgrade and that they have been a loyal customer for so many years. 

Many thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Stay with EE without upgrading but with a new Contract

The only way to keep your number is by porting out your existing EE number to a none-EE based PAYG account then port your number from that PAYG plan back to EE but to your new account.

Crazy I know, but thre is no other way round this unfortunately.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

The only way to keep your number is by porting out your existing EE number to a none-EE based PAYG account then port your number from that PAYG plan back to EE but to your new account.

Crazy I know, but thre is no other way round this unfortunately.

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@VeronicaMCV  Customer loyalty stopped years ago and rightly so as why should any customer get a better then the next customer in the line. 

Investigator

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer but this is not answering my question. Everyone has different opinions anyway. 

Have a nice day 

Investigator

Great! Thank you very much! 

by Coolraspberry Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Did it work for you? I am planning to do the same in  2 weeks time.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Coolraspberry   Porting your number out then back in is the only way to keep your new if you take out a new contract and do not upgrade. 

Investigator

Hi,

I decided to stay with EE but on an only sim contract for 12 months. I got a good deal, i kept my phone number but i had to buy my new phone separately. 

Thanks 

by Coolraspberry Investigator
Investigator

Thanks. Is there set up a minimum period I have to leave EE for before I can get a new contract?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.