Highlighted
by EveBeve Contributor
Contributor

Someone has the same number as me.

Someone has the same number as me.  I know there’s many reasons it could be happening but I’m pretty certain someone has the same number as me and not just giving out the wrong number. I get multiple text a month from strange numbers including their bank, their car dealership, their MOT centre, the phone bill on O2 (which means it’s likely it’s the same) I found some of their social media through their phone number and people wishing them a happy birthday once a year. What can I do?

(this is probably put into the wrong place but I don’t know where else to put it.)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Someone has the same number as me.

Hi,

That sounds rather inconvenient.. I think the quickest and painless way is change your number instead, have a chat with the customer service at 150.  If EE’s charging you £35 for a new number, then you can always get a PAYG SIM with other network, and then port the number into your EE account.

Otherwise, if you’d like to dispute this, do contact EE on 150 as soon as possible to escalate this. Personally I wouldn’t want my number being shared with others, as I use one time access code etc. 

I hope you get that sorted soon!

W

13 REPLIES 13
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi,

That sounds rather inconvenient.. I think the quickest and painless way is change your number instead, have a chat with the customer service at 150.  If EE’s charging you £35 for a new number, then you can always get a PAYG SIM with other network, and then port the number into your EE account.

Otherwise, if you’d like to dispute this, do contact EE on 150 as soon as possible to escalate this. Personally I wouldn’t want my number being shared with others, as I use one time access code etc. 

I hope you get that sorted soon!

W

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @EveBeve

How long have you had your number?

Have you recently ported your number?

Are you able to receive calls and texts ok?

Katie 🙂

by EveBeve Contributor
Contributor

I get calls and texts just fine which makes me think that maybe they’re just making a mistake but getting o2 bills and being able to find their account on o2 makes me think it’s not. 

I’ve had my number for over 2 years now. And I really don’t want to change it, it’s such a hassle! 

by

Hi @EveBeve.

Thanks for taking the time to confirm this.

I would recommend giving us a call so we can look to report this. 

Please keep me updated, 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does the O2 phone bill you received actually quote it is a bill for your no?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by EveBeve Contributor
Contributor

It says ‘your phone bill is ready to view’. I’ve tried to use my number to log in to the account and the account does exist. 

by

Hi @EveBeve.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Care team so they can look at this further.

They may be able to cooperate with 02 and work out how this has happened.

Have you been on 02 with this number before?

Jon

by EveBeve Contributor
Contributor

Nope, never been with o2. I’ve been with EE/Orange since my first phone. I’ve had this number when I got this phone 2 years ago with EE

I’ll find some time to get in contact. 

by

Thanks @EveBeve.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@EveBeve wrote:

II’ve tried to use my number to log in to the account and the account does exist. 

How do you know an O2 a/c in your no. does exist? If a login fails it can be objecting to the no., the pwd or both, w/out telling you which.

Anyway, isn't the login to an O2 online a/c in terms of email addy, not mobile no?

Sign in to My O2

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by EveBeve Contributor
Contributor

I’ve used my phone numbers to locate an account that’s in the name of some called JB. I can find the account and find the email address of the person but that’s as far as I can get. I can click ‘forgotten password’ but it sends an email, which I don’t have access to. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, OK, I see where you are coming from.

by

Morning @EveBeve

It would be great if you can let us know how you get on when you get in touch with us.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.