by InternetPerson Investigator
Investigator

Sharer plans gone?

I have two phones on pay monthly contracts, one with 30gb data and an old one with 4gb that's out of contract. I phoned up today and agreed to a new pay monthly contract for the second phone with a tiny 250mb data limit, explaining that I wanted to share the data allowance between the two phones as I'd done this before with a previous phone. I was told that was possible, and could be done through the app.

After I was sold the contract, I checked and the only way to share data is this new Data Gifting thing that does one-time transfers between accounts. Then I looked it up and saw that Sharer plans seem to have been discontinued, but the web chat people said that you can probably still get it on an upgrade deal. At this point I don't know what to believe. Anyone know?

1) Is it still possible to get a Sharer plan that shares data allowances between two phones without just using Data Gifting manually every month?

2) Does this usually cost extra, and if so how much extra?

3) Now that I've entered into a new contract for my old phone, is there a way to get sharing set up on that or will I need to cancel my new contract or what?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Sharer plans gone?

@InternetPerson  Share plans are no longer available and you can gift data more than once a month but only to a total of 10GB per month because you only have 2 lines on your account.  

Please read THIS about Data Gifting. 

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Sharer plans gone?

@InternetPerson  Share plans are no longer available and you can gift data more than once a month but only to a total of 10GB per month because you only have 2 lines on your account.  

Please read THIS about Data Gifting. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions