by aanderton
Visitor

Shared Plans vs Shared Data (Are shared plans still available?)

I recently spoke to customer service on the phone about adding an additional shared sim onto my contract and have been advised that shared plans are no longer available and have now been fully replaced by shared data.

When I checked with customer service I was advised that shared data requires the main user to log in to the EE app every month and allocate the data to the other sims on their plan? I fail to see how this is an improvement compared to all data been shared and not allocated?

Also your shared plans page states that it was discontinued with the exception of one shared sim plan, which plan is this as the customer service agent knew nothing about it?

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/shared-plans

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Shared Plans vs Shared Data (Are shared plans still available?)

HI @aanderton

The shared data approach gives you more flexibility to control who and how much data is used. 

There are some good deals on sim only plans at the moment with large data allowances even for heavy data users. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aanderton

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Sharer plans can no longer be purchased. Customers already on a sharer plan can re-commit to the same sharer plan though if they wish to upgrade.

I have asked for the price plan guide to be updated to reflect this.

You can see more information about how data gifting works on our what is data gifting? support article.

Chris

by geemel79 Investigator
Investigator

Well two years ago I added in an extra line to my contract, it was a in car WiFi and the contract is due to expire, now it seems they no longer do the shared sims and the price for keeping the sim going is twice the price of the original amount per month which included payment for the actual device itself. Talk about being sold a lemon two years ago ! If I’d known it was to become obsolete I’d have not bothered  as the kids are now used to it and try entertaining asd kids on journeys with no WiFi 

by geemel79 Investigator
Investigator

@Northerner wrote:

HI @aanderton

The shared data approach gives you more flexibility to control who and how much data is used. 

There are some good deals on sim only plans at the moment with large data allowances even for heavy data users. 

Thanks, 

All data plans are way more than my £9 a month price which includes the payment for the device so how is the service improved my total contracts with EE are worth over £200 a month 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @geemel79

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you spoken to our upgrades team, so they can get this looked into for you and let you know the best plan?

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.