by Dave11 Investigator
Investigator

Shared Plan upgrades

I currently have a shared plan active on my account, and the phone which I share data with is now up for an upgrade.  I have been told that Shared plans are no longer available due to EU Roaming Legislation but I can still find information about shared plans on this site and have recently had a shared plan sim added to my account.

Can someone Verify if the shared plan phones are still available. ??

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Shared Plan upgrades

@Dave11   The old type of shared plans are not available these used to be just data you can get shared plans and it’s now calls/texts and data.   If you was told it’s not available that’s utter rubbish. 

by Dave11 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Chris,

I've recently got a shared sim from EE, but was looking to upgrade the phone I have with them on the shared plan.  I think I need to give them another call

by Dave11 Investigator
Investigator

So Apparently Shared plans have now been withdrawn since 2 months ago.  Now to have the same service my costs have gone from £13 a month, to atleast £28 a month.  If I upgrade (New plan + Same number) no discount on the second plan.  If I get a new line (New plan + New Number), I get a discount of 10%.  I can keep my number, buy transferring it to another network on a pay as you go, and then transferring it back on the new plan.

Not really sure if EE really want to keep my custom.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Dave11 and welcome to the community.

The shared plans that include a device have been discontinued, you can still get a shared SIM and then buy the handset SIM free if that is any better for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.