Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Ringing customer service from abroad

I've just seen today £118 worth of call charges on my account which I want to clarify. I'm locked down due to Covid in Spain, so I need to contact Customer service by phone. If I ring them, am I being charged or is it 100% free?

Thanks

Ray

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Ringing customer service from abroad

For contracts calling CS from the EU is always free,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

For contracts calling CS from the EU is always free,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. Last thing I want to do is make the problem worse!

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @rbs_gb

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you been charged for making calls to the UK?

If you need to talk to us while you’re abroad you can call us on +44 7953 966 250.

This call is free to make whilst roaming in the EU, to make this call outside of the EU, you’ll be charged the standard roaming rate for where you are.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne. Yes, the calls are all to the UK. I've been in touch with customer service, and it turns out to be my fault. I've made a large number of calls this week back to the UK, and gone over the 500 mins allowance on the contract, so its my mistake. I don't think I've ever used more than half the allowance, and this week I've had to spend much more time on the phone problem solving in the UK. Basically, I lost track.

I've been with EE (/Orange) for nearly 20 years, and have stayed with you guys because I've always had good service and backup. Today was no different, and pleased to say that we've come to an agreement based on a contract renewal. It's a fair solution.

Keep up the good work.

Ray

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rbs_gb

I see, thanks for the update.

I'm glad we could help you at this difficult time.

If you need anything in future, come back and let us know 🙂

Take care.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.