by helena64 Investigator
Investigator

Receiving Paper Bills - Closure of Orange online access

Hi,

Following the advice given on

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-orphan-pages-/orange-your-account-closure

I requested paper bills to be sent to my address several months ago via a telephone call to 150, and, so far, I have failed to receive any.

According to the terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee:

• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request

Therefore, Orange/EE have failed to abide by the terms and conditions of the Direct Debit Guarantee....... And, according to their guidelines, failure to give notice of the amount to be taken and the date on which the amount is to be taken means that the customer is entitled to a refund.

Please can you let me know to which email address I need to send the request to so that paper bills can be sent - obviously calling 150 and asking doesn't work.

Regards,

Helena

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Receiving Paper Bills - Closure of Orange online access

EE does not provide any email contact. Try the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by helena64 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your response, however this seems to me to be a case of asking for something over the phone and not having the actual action happening as there's no written record of the request - just like last time, but a different phone number.....

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you want a written record, write to them at:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by helena64 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks again, but equally as useless...... there's no guarantee the letter is received/acted upon - I can already hear it "oh, we have no record of receiving your letter".

Stealth attack on ex-Orange customers on excellent deals who don't want to transfer to EE maybe? And breaking Direct Debit Guarantee regulations at the same time......

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@helena64 Has there been

a change of amount,date or  frequency of the DD ?  Or have you requested EE to collect a payment that is not your standard monthly payment?      

EE have not violated the terms of the DD guarantee by not sending if the above hasn’t happened.  

Failure to send because you ask and only because you asked doesn’t violate it.    Call EE and ask them to honour what you ask them to do and what they agreed to do.  

and if you want to write to EE use tacking on what you post.  

by helena64 Investigator
Investigator

To be fair, I just called them and they were very helpful!

by helena64 Investigator
Investigator

It's a variable Direct Debit - therefore every month is different. Thus necessitating a monthly invoice.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Over the next few months all Orange Pay Monthly customers will be moved to EE pay monthly so you will be able to sign up for online access again when it happens. 

See here.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Orange/Orange-pay-monthly-is-moving-to-EE/td-p/732306

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Whilst in the meantime the DD Guarantee is flouted :(.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions