cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have had exactly the same tonight. 10 payments to MSFT store on my sons number. Nobody in the family has a Microsoft account or any Microsoft software/hardware and I was told by EE to talk to Microsoft because it is a 3rd party that has taken the payment.

Microsoft have no recoed of my son's number or what the payments are and said they cannot do anything.

EE won't help chase this as they say they don't have the information. They have put me in contact with the PSAuthority.

EE don't seem to care that their service and customers are obviously being scammed. I'm sure they are happy as they have £147 of my money in the meantime.

52 REPLIES 52

hi, did you manage to sort it out? as i have the same problem totaling up to £233.93 which is 7 payments of £31.99 all made one after the other, my sons has never used his phone to buy anything as he has his own bank account !! I am most annoyed, I have contacted EE and they tell me to contact Microsoft and Microsoft tell me to contact EE !!!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, yes we got refunded eventually. EE were a total waste of space as were the body they refer you too. Microsoft refused to refund and told us if we asked for a refund again they would restrict access to our Xbox, which was fine by us as we don't have an Xbox!!

What we did was send a SAR request under the Data protection Act to Microsoft's UK headquarters, asking them for all the details they held for me on the said purchases; dates, times, names of purchaser, addresses held, who had  verification texts,  where were  they sent to etc. Miraculously we then had contact from Microsoft saying they were going to refund the money. It had to be done via a wire transfer from the US and took weeks, but we got it back and then repaid EE as I'd stopped my direct debit and was making the normal monthly payments manually.

Hi Demonbarb,

I have had the exact same issue with Microsoft and EE, even though i had stated to EE, when the account was activated that nothing should be able to be purchased via this account, yet little behold everything else was barred except 3rd party transactions, 

Now i have been stung like steve for £31.99 in 3 days over seven transactions, I noticed early enough and have now cancelled my DDR also, 

Could you advise how you went about getting in touch and submitting a SAR to microsoft please?, i have also been on the phone to EE, Microsoft and PSA with no success, 

EE clearly don't care about customers security, this is evident as they should know Microsoft can't release information if you are not the registered account holder. 

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated, its good to see someone in this thread actually making sense and helping the community.

Thanks 

Hi all, 

I had this same problem and I’ve got it sorted now ! Believe it or not I contacted Phil Spencer (Top man at Xbox) and after sending him an email, I was contacted the next day by Microsoft Customer Support from Romania(I didn’t answer at first! But they left a message) they called again and where VERY, VERY helpful, I explained what had happened and gave them the MSFT ref numbers, dates and amounts totalling to £223.63, the person I spoke to was very professional and I cannot fault how hard she worked, it took about 3 weeks to get the money back. It does take time but you will get it back.

this is the email address I was contacted on  

CS3TS.GNRL.WW.00.EN.MSF.LCS.TS.3ET.HOT.MR.PI@css.one.microsoft.com

and the helpful persons name was  

Andreea-Loredana C

Customer Relationship Manager

I am not sure if the email address is case specific? But you could try and to contact her. 

Any more problems feel free to ask 👍🏼😀

Steve.

@MrBecks : See I want to make a request not related to my Microsoft or organizational account 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX  thank you for the below link, I will go through this process also, I have been in touch with Microsoft and this will be escalated to senior support as the support staff are unable to verify the transactions, 

your help is appreciated, thank you

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi. Did you manage to sort this problem. I am having a nightmare.x

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RichieK0892

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team and been provided with contact details to get the charges looked into?

Leanne.

Microsoft customer care are overseas and were useless. EE havent offered any real time assistance whatsoever !!!!