cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have had exactly the same tonight. 10 payments to MSFT store on my sons number. Nobody in the family has a Microsoft account or any Microsoft software/hardware and I was told by EE to talk to Microsoft because it is a 3rd party that has taken the payment.

Microsoft have no recoed of my son's number or what the payments are and said they cannot do anything.

EE won't help chase this as they say they don't have the information. They have put me in contact with the PSAuthority.

EE don't seem to care that their service and customers are obviously being scammed. I'm sure they are happy as they have £147 of my money in the meantime.

52 REPLIES 52
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Demonbarb,

Please see @XRaySpeX's earlier post where he shows a verification code was required for his test purchase.

Thanks

James

James, are you blatantly not reading what I've put?

1. Microsoft have no record of any purchases made by my phone number, none. So no verification codes have been sent to my as I have never ordered anything from them. Microsoft can confirm this.

2. Eight payments of £15.99 have been debited to my number and sent to Microsoft despite Microsoft never having received any orders from my phone, how has that happened?

3. This is a known issue, just Google it. It's about time EE stopped replying from scripted answers and actually looked into how this is happening.

James_B

Hi @Demonbarb,

Sorry, I had assumed Microsoft had a record of the transactions as they had been able to process a reclaim.

Please let us know the outcome of Microsoft's investigation.

Thanks

James

Microsoft have declined a request for a refund as they have no record of any transactions against my phone number. I have asked them for the purchasers details linked to the reference numbers i've sent to them obtained from my EE bill. I await any reply

I have not used my phone number for any purchases and neither has anybody else. I think EE owe a duty of care to have taken this up on my behalf given the information I've provided, but all they do, as with your stock replies, is imply I'm lying, someone in my family has fraudulently used my phone and try to tell me that this couldn't have happened because I would have had codes sent to me.

It's happened, my account has £127.92 charges on it that are nothing to do with me and nobody is interested in helping. I have contacted the PSA although it looks like they will be useless too. I'm not paying the charges and I'm quite happy for EE to take me to court if needs be, where I will provide the evidence I have to show I haven't made these purchases.

James_B

Hi @Demonbarb,

Did Microsoft mention how their billing cycle works? Perhaps it takes a little time before they can see the record of transactions against your phone number.

Thanks

James

Or perhaps you think by continually coming out with complete and utter Bull**** replies that I'll just pay up!!

Microsoft have no record of any purchases from my phone, how difficult is it for you to understand that? Microsoft can provide me with an order history for that phone number which shows no purchases have ever been made against my phone number, ever.

On the 9th of February, 6 days after the purchases were taken my from phone account, Microsoft didn't even have an account registered with my phone number.

Now perhaps you/EE could stop coming back with nonsense  and actually do some investigating as to what is happening with these numerous cases just like mine because it is obvious fraudulent activity that nobody wants to admit to.

@Demonbarb wrote:

Microsoft can provide me with an order history for that phone number which shows no purchases have ever been made against my phone number, ever.

That's suspicious in itself. Why would MS have a record of your phone no & would be willing to provide a history of the orders on it if you've never done business with them? Firms don't keep tabs on non-customers & probably a breach of GDPR.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It's not suspicious if you actually read what I have just posted about my Microsoft account. I'd also add of you have nothing to add to the debate, apart from trying to be clever, you mind your own Business and go trolling elsewhere

@Demonbarb : You don't have an MS account! You said so yourself many times.

I post as & when I decide, not you!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I haven't said that, I actually said, if you read my comment, on the date of the purchases, 3/2, I didn't  have a Microsoft account.

On the 9/2, when the charges were first seen, I tried to log in to the Microsoft store using my phone number, Microsoft store said their system did not have an account linked to that phone number, I took a screenshot  of that. I subsequently registered an account with my phone number to see if it would show any transactions, it doesn't. Microsoft have emailed me a confirmation that no purchases have ever been made using my phone number.

Now, unless you have anything useful to add, please stop trolling this thread.