by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

Hi @Demonbarb,

Please see @XRaySpeX's earlier post where he shows a verification code was required for his test purchase.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

James, are you blatantly not reading what I've put?

1. Microsoft have no record of any purchases made by my phone number, none. So no verification codes have been sent to my as I have never ordered anything from them. Microsoft can confirm this.

2. Eight payments of £15.99 have been debited to my number and sent to Microsoft despite Microsoft never having received any orders from my phone, how has that happened?

3. This is a known issue, just Google it. It's about time EE stopped replying from scripted answers and actually looked into how this is happening.

Highlighted
by

Hi @Demonbarb,

Sorry, I had assumed Microsoft had a record of the transactions as they had been able to process a reclaim.

Please let us know the outcome of Microsoft's investigation.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Microsoft have declined a request for a refund as they have no record of any transactions against my phone number. I have asked them for the purchasers details linked to the reference numbers i've sent to them obtained from my EE bill. I await any reply

I have not used my phone number for any purchases and neither has anybody else. I think EE owe a duty of care to have taken this up on my behalf given the information I've provided, but all they do, as with your stock replies, is imply I'm lying, someone in my family has fraudulently used my phone and try to tell me that this couldn't have happened because I would have had codes sent to me.

It's happened, my account has £127.92 charges on it that are nothing to do with me and nobody is interested in helping. I have contacted the PSA although it looks like they will be useless too. I'm not paying the charges and I'm quite happy for EE to take me to court if needs be, where I will provide the evidence I have to show I haven't made these purchases.

Highlighted
by

Hi @Demonbarb,

Did Microsoft mention how their billing cycle works? Perhaps it takes a little time before they can see the record of transactions against your phone number.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Or perhaps you think by continually coming out with complete and utter Bull**** replies that I'll just pay up!!

Microsoft have no record of any purchases from my phone, how difficult is it for you to understand that? Microsoft can provide me with an order history for that phone number which shows no purchases have ever been made against my phone number, ever.

On the 9th of February, 6 days after the purchases were taken my from phone account, Microsoft didn't even have an account registered with my phone number.

Now perhaps you/EE could stop coming back with nonsense  and actually do some investigating as to what is happening with these numerous cases just like mine because it is obvious fraudulent activity that nobody wants to admit to.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Demonbarb wrote:

Microsoft can provide me with an order history for that phone number which shows no purchases have ever been made against my phone number, ever.

That's suspicious in itself. Why would MS have a record of your phone no & would be willing to provide a history of the orders on it if you've never done business with them? Firms don't keep tabs on non-customers & probably a breach of GDPR.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

It's not suspicious if you actually read what I have just posted about my Microsoft account. I'd also add of you have nothing to add to the debate, apart from trying to be clever, you mind your own Business and go trolling elsewhere

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Demonbarb : You don't have an MS account! You said so yourself many times.

I post as & when I decide, not you!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I haven't said that, I actually said, if you read my comment, on the date of the purchases, 3/2, I didn't  have a Microsoft account.

On the 9/2, when the charges were first seen, I tried to log in to the Microsoft store using my phone number, Microsoft store said their system did not have an account linked to that phone number, I took a screenshot  of that. I subsequently registered an account with my phone number to see if it would show any transactions, it doesn't. Microsoft have emailed me a confirmation that no purchases have ever been made using my phone number.

Now, unless you have anything useful to add, please stop trolling this thread.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

hi, did you manage to sort it out? as i have the same problem totaling up to £233.93 which is 7 payments of £31.99 all made one after the other, my sons has never used his phone to buy anything as he has his own bank account !! I am most annoyed, I have contacted EE and they tell me to contact Microsoft and Microsoft tell me to contact EE !!!

Regards

Steve

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Steve, yes we got refunded eventually. EE were a total waste of space as were the body they refer you too. Microsoft refused to refund and told us if we asked for a refund again they would restrict access to our Xbox, which was fine by us as we don't have an Xbox!!

What we did was send a SAR request under the Data protection Act to Microsoft's UK headquarters, asking them for all the details they held for me on the said purchases; dates, times, names of purchaser, addresses held, who had  verification texts,  where were  they sent to etc. Miraculously we then had contact from Microsoft saying they were going to refund the money. It had to be done via a wire transfer from the US and took weeks, but we got it back and then repaid EE as I'd stopped my direct debit and was making the normal monthly payments manually.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions