cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have had exactly the same tonight. 10 payments to MSFT store on my sons number. Nobody in the family has a Microsoft account or any Microsoft software/hardware and I was told by EE to talk to Microsoft because it is a 3rd party that has taken the payment.

Microsoft have no recoed of my son's number or what the payments are and said they cannot do anything.

EE won't help chase this as they say they don't have the information. They have put me in contact with the PSAuthority.

EE don't seem to care that their service and customers are obviously being scammed. I'm sure they are happy as they have £147 of my money in the meantime.

52 REPLIES 52

@AndrewHolden: It can't be that easy to give someone else's mobile no to buy stuff unbeknownst to them. I don't believe MS would be so lax.

I've just tried a purchase & got this before I could buy:

Additional verification needed
We have texted a verification code to +44748*******.

Verification text is received at the mobile no. that you attempt to charge:

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Lea88
Visitor

This has just happened to me. My daughter let a friend use her telephone to do this not know she would be charged they said to her it was just for a code it would be free. And now ive had £300 taken out of my daughters phone bill (she is 12) and we dont even have a xbox! Ive been in contact with microsoft as ee wont help. They told me they are making a case and someone will contact me via phone or email. Im still waiting! Im furious as that was my pay id just got. Being a single mum and working part time. This cant be normal!

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Lea88.

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

Please keep us updated with your case with Microsoft. 

Katie 🙂

Afrotink
Visitor

I've just done a search to find out what these charges on my account were for and found this forum. I can't believe this has happened to so many other people, there are already additional charges on my account for next months bill. From these comments it seems that I won't be getting my money back.

James_B

Hi @Afrotink,

To use Microsoft mobile billing a code is sent to your phone via text message to confirm it's you before any payments can be made.

Has anyone else had access to your phone to receive the code?

Thanks

James

So how has this just happened to me also? No codes received, nothing purchased by me from Microsoft, yet £127 charges taken in the space of 5 minutes? It is clearly a security issue with EE yet nobody wants to help, just read from scripts and do nothing. DDR stopped as charges not yet taken from my bank account.

Christopher_G

Hi @Demonbarb

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team or Microsoft directly to find out more about these charges?

Chris

No I never thought of that!

Of course I have, spent all day last Sunday and 3 hours this morning. Both as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Nobody wants to accept responsibility. However after providing Microsoft with reference numbers from my bill today they have processed a reclaim request but I won't know for 72 hours if they will refund the charges that are nothing to do with me.

This is obviously an issue as it appears many others have been charged in this way and quite frankly it needs sorting out instead of everyone passing the buck.

James_B

Hi @Demonbarb,

It's not possible to use Microsoft mobile billing without verifying the transaction with a code that is send to your mobile number.

Has anyone else had access to your phone to receive the code?

Does anyone in your household use a Microsoft device, such as an XBox that could be responsible for the charges?

Thanks

James

James it is obviously possible as it's happened to so many people not just me, just read this entire thread!

My EE bill shows 8 payments to Microsoft, Microsoft HAVE NO RECORD of any payments or orders using my mobile number. I have proof that my order history with Microsoft has no orders on it as i don't have any Microsoft products. My phone is password protected, nobody else knows the password and nobody in my household of 3 people have access either and no  codes  have  been sent to my phone etc we have no inxbix products in our house. This is real, this has happened to too many people for it not to be a problem and EE needs to sort it out

Read more