cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Third party service MSFT Store

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have had exactly the same tonight. 10 payments to MSFT store on my sons number. Nobody in the family has a Microsoft account or any Microsoft software/hardware and I was told by EE to talk to Microsoft because it is a 3rd party that has taken the payment.

Microsoft have no recoed of my son's number or what the payments are and said they cannot do anything.

EE won't help chase this as they say they don't have the information. They have put me in contact with the PSAuthority.

EE don't seem to care that their service and customers are obviously being scammed. I'm sure they are happy as they have £147 of my money in the meantime.

52 REPLIES 52
paul4uk
Explorer
I’m still going through the complaint but have reached a stale mate

I agree I believe they are being scammed!

Is that with the PSAuthority? There is obviously an issue here that EE need to resolve or at least be seen to be acting on their customers behalf. 

I have just been in touch with a contact at the BBC Watchdog programme and will also be exploring other media routes. I work in the technology industry and will be exploring several routes to get this resolved especially if there is an issue with personal data being misused. I hope EE will acknowledge this is an issue which needs to be addressed. 

No - only a sony playstaion
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewHolden,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have Microsoft searched for purchases under your son's Microsoft ID if he has one?

He'll have one if he has an XBOX gamer tag for example.

Thanks

James

No neither of us have a Microsoft ID
James_B

HI @AndrewHolden,

Does your son have an XBOX or gaming PC?

Thanks

James

AndrewHolden
Investigator
Investigator

Yes - I have had the same last month £139 taken to MSFT. EE said I had to call Microsoft. I did and Microsoft said that they had no record of my son's number or the transactions and couldn't help - they said to speak tpo EE (I am on a shared account with him). I/he does not have an XBOX or gaming PC. I/he has not made any purchases to our mobile account.

EE put me in contact with PSAuthority (who EE apparentyly pay to take car eof these sorts of fraudulent charges). Theuy said they couldn't help because MIcrosdoft said they had no record. PSAuthority said to call ACtionFraud which I did - but they said all they do is log these cases - they don't get you a refund.

As it stands EE have my money - cliam they can't do anything but and seem totally unbothered about acting on their customers behalf.

It seems that more and more people are having this issue with EE. I have cancelled my DIrect Debit to them until they sort this. They aren't having a single penny more of my money!

I think EE have had a serious data breach!

Christopher_G

Hi @AndrewHolden

The MSFT code on your EE bill refers to the Microsoft app store.

As the service provider (Microsoft) have been unable to give you any information about what the charges are for, you have been correctly been referred to the Phone-paid services authority (PSA), who regulate charge to mobile services.

I recommend speaking to them again about your options.

Chris