cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

'Purchase exceeds transaction limit' whilst trying to pay on Google pay via phon

jdmortimer9
Investigator
Investigator

Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

I am using my phone as a method of pay on certain apps and all of a sudden, it comes up with I have exceeded my limit, although I don't actually owe anything now, what o bought in previous month's has been paid. Therefore should be enabling me to purchase again, am I wrong? 

Any help would be appreciated 

Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jdmortimer9   Have you already spent this monthly cap allowance.   Looking at your online account have a see to what that limit is set too.    If you don’t have a cap allowance it could be that EE as stopped you from making these purchases as you’ve reached your credit limit with EE. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @jdmortimer9

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you purchased any apps since your last bill date?

You can view your extra charges within your My EE app then current usage, do you have any extra charges showing?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

MGMarra
Investigator
Investigator

@jdmortimer9 did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm in the same situation and both EE and Google Play are saying its nothing to do with either of them and to contact the other. So frustrating. 

I have had this exact same problem today, so I rang EE to clarify (I have no spend cap or additional charges on my account).

After being on hold with the advisor he said there was mid range cap on my account strangely enough and that he had rectified the problem... Fast forward 2 hours or so and I once again try to make the purchase, only for the same message to stop me making it yet again!

I have been a customer of ee for a number of years now and have NEVER had a spend cap on. Quite the opposite, I've always asked to NOT have one!

James_B

Hi @Harla1707,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

The maximum single purchase amount for charge to bill is £40 and you can't spend more than £240 in a single month. Could you have hit either of these limits?

James

This is happening to me. I’ve always used my phone to purchase on the PlayStation store. Now I get error messages and spending limit exceeded. I have no cap, nothing is barred… what is going on please? 

James_B

Hi @ElveeMcvain,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Was the purchase over £40? That is the maximum amount allowed in a single transaction.

James