cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Price of eSim for an apple watch for Pay Monthly customer

pilotax
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I am trying ot understand the following: I already have an iPhone with an eSim. I am looking to buy an apple watch (4G) and I guess I should request another eSim.

How does it work? It should not be a different plan/number, but I cannot understand costs and the process for getting one honestly.

Can somebody help me?
The website doesn't seem to contain the information.

Cheers

S

20 REPLIES 20
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pilotax   Where are you getting the watch from ?  If you get the watch from elsewhere ie Apple it’ll cost you £5 perm month.  If you get the watch from EE it’ll be the price that you agreed to take out with that watch,  the price from EE is around £25-29 per month depending on what model you choose. 

You don’t need to request another esim at all.  

I might have a discount with Apple and in general I do not like to buy
phones/watches with 2-years commitment.
I suppose EE gives you Apple Care included in their price. What about
data allowance? I read it's unlimited in the UK but no roaming, is
that correct?

S
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If you buy the watch elsewhere, you just go through the setup instructions on the watch to add a data plan, it connects to EE, you go through a few screens, it will add the Apple Watch add-on and do it all for you. You do not need to request an eSIM from EE for it.

The T&Cs of the Apple Watch Add on are here.

gives you an allowance of 10GB data each month

@pilotax   You don’t get apple care from EE. You take this out with apple at the extra cost to yourself.  You can take out insurance with EE.   You get unlimited data for 3 months then it’s 10GB per month be it you get the watch from EE or purchase it elsewhere.  If you purchase it elsewhere it’s a 30 day rolling tariff that you can cancel with 30 days notice. 

Roaming doesn’t work on the watch so you’ll need your phone with you all the time when abroad. 

Cool.
I am making some check... there's roughly £100 different in two years
for an Apple Watch from EE and one from Apple.
The calculation includes £5/month SIM per month.
Profile closed
Not applicable

If you buy direct from Apple, they are currently also offering a 12 month interest free payment plan as well on most things including Watches.

I have connected my Apple Watch series 4 to my EE sim only plan and am being charged £7 a month. Is this correct? I’ve read £5 everywhere else.

Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes, £7 is the correct price now as EE have increased the price by £2 a month.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @EW06

Thanks for coming to the community.

Yes, this is correct the Apple Watch plan is £7.00 per month and include 10GB of data.

It’s free for three months with unlimited data 🙂

Thanks, Leanne.