by ian_m Investigator
Investigator

Ported out SIM still active after 2 months

Hi there,

I'm a former customer on a Pay Monthly account.  I ported out (to 3) at the end of July which appears to have gone smoothly - the new 3 sim makes and receives calls with the ported number.

However my original EE sim is still partially active.  It can make calls and send texts, although it doesn't use data (and it connects to the 3G network as opposed to 4G).  If I dial another number from the old SIM the caller ID reports the number which has now been ported out.

I have received (and paid) my final bill.  I visited my local EE shop today and the person I spoke to could not explain why the sim was still active, as when he checked my closed account everything seemed to be in order.

Is there anything else I need to do or should I be phoning technical support ?

Thanks

Ian

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ported out SIM still active after 2 months

Check your bank a/c that you are not still paying EE for it & that the contract has really been cancelled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ian_m Investigator
Investigator

That seems OK - the last payment was middle of August (expected) for my final bill which came to just over £4 so definitely not the full contact amount.  Nothing in September.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @ian_m

Thanks for coming here for help.

Is the SIM connecting to WiFi when you can make calls and send texts?

Leanne.

by ian_m Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

No - it's not on wi-fi - it's definitely using the EE network

Thansk,

Ian

by

Thanks @ian_m

Have you had any problems with calls and texts on your new SIM?

Leanne.

by ian_m Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

Not as far as I'm aware.  Calls from landlines and other mobiles seem to arrive OK (I've know its worked from a Virgin Media landland, an EE PAYG sim, O2 SIM as well as various automated services (shops, dentist etc).  If anything hasn't arrived I'm not aware of it.

If I send a balance request to 150 (from the old sim) I get a reply on the new (3) sim saying "Sorry we were unable to process your request, this service is only available to EE customers...".

It seems most of the systems know I'm not a customer - but somehow the SIM is still active.

Thanks

Ian

by

Thanks @ian_m

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne.

by ian_m Investigator
Investigator

A quick update on this.  I spoke to EE tech support who informed me it was a porting issue and I have a split service.  He advised me to contact 3 technical support and get them to request all the files required for a number port as they had not done so intitally.

I've just contacted 3 who have escalated the issue to the relevent team.  Hopefully it will be progressed within 2 days.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help Leanne.

Ian

by

Hi there @ian_m

Thanks for coming back and giving me an update.

You are very welcome 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

by ian_m Investigator
Investigator

Hi again @Leanne_T

A quick update - 3 got back to me last Wednesday (via text) saying they had resolved the issue, however I'm still active on the EE side.

Would it be possible for you to speak to the technical guys again and see if anything is moving in the right direction.

Thanks

Ian

by

Hi @ian_m

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I have sent you a private message now 🙂

Speak soon, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.