by cherries Investigator
Investigator

Phone upgrade £49 per month for 1GB data with 30% discount

Hi

My husband and I have just upgraded to iPhone X's today and we were sold 1 contract with a monthly cost of £44 and 1 with a 30% discount on £49 per month. My husband's EE account shows the plan as £49 per month with a £5 loyalty per month, but my EE account doesn't mention anything about the 30% discount. Has anyone else had the same experience but their bills worked out as per what they were sold (£44+£34.30)?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone upgrade £49 per month for 1GB data with 30% discount

Hi @cherries 

Any discount won't show until your first bill is taken. 

Your also paying a lot for 1GB of data, you sure that's correct? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by cherries Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Northerner

Thank you for the info. It's an iPhone X. The 8GB of data was £53 per month with a £400 upfront cost. I download less than 1GB per month currently, so decided it wasn't worth having a bigger plan. I use wifi whenever I want to download apps 🙂 I somehow managed to get £34.30 per month with £200 upfront cost for the X with hubby having £44 per month with £200 upfront cost, so combined it's only £39.15 each; happy days!! 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@cherries  If you look at you online account and go to add ons it will show any discount there.  The main page of your account will always show the true cost of the plan.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cherries

Welcome to the community and thank you to you and your husband for upgrading. 🙂

As @Chris_B said, your discounts should show in your My EE account under plans and add-ons > add-ons.

Please let us know if it's there.

Chris

by cherries Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Christopher_G

My discount is not showing in add-ons and after talking to an agent on chat, I am really concerned. He wanted to know the reason I was offered 30% discount, which suggests that it's not normal. And also the fact that this has been hand written onto my contract is a massive concern right now (could have been written by anyone!!)!! I will have to contact the store to make sure the discount will be applied.

by

Thanks for getting back to us, @cherries.

I definitely recommend popping back into the store, I'm sure they will be able to sort it out for you.

Please let us know what happens.

Thanks

Chris

by cherries Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Christopher_G

I have tried calling the store but keep getting an answerphone message. I will hopefully be able to try again later, although in meetings all afternoon. If not, will try tomorrow. I cannot pop into the store during the week because I work in a small town which is 20 minutes drive away.

by

The easiest way to get this sorted is by speaking to them directly, as they were part of the sales process, @cherries.

I've sent you a private message though, please have a read and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.