by Angus12345 Investigator
Investigator

Payforit

Hi

I signed up with EE a couple of months ago and initially had no issue using Payforit. Now for the last 50 days every time I try and use the service (Boku) I get a message saying I have reached my spend limit (which should be £30 a day £240 per month) despite that fact I have made no transactions for over a month. EE support have confirmed I have at least £180 of credit and my account is paid up to date, there are also no restrictions on my account. Tried clearing my cache and web data with no success so I am stumped? Can someone help? Using an iPhone btw.

36 REPLIES 36
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Payforit

Hi @Angus12345 

Have you tried another payment method?

Ultimately EE are a communication provider so unlike a bank it's at EE discretion if you are extended any additional benefit, it's not an entitlement. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by EIENSTEIN1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi there... This is a wider problem... There are a lot of us out there now experiencing the same thing. Like you boku hasn't worked for 31 days now and I've used it regularly till this last month. I have over £800 credit I can't access as it keeps saying credit reached. For the last week I've been passed between ee and boku with neither of them being able to resolve it. O2 customers are not having the issue.... Maybe we should all go over to them!! Good luck... Let me know if you have any more luck than I've had. 

Investigator

Thanks Einstein1

You may not have the answer but you have at least restored my sanity. I thought I was the only one going around in circles. If I find anything out I’ll be sure to pass it on.

Investigator

Hi @Northerner 

The issue for me is that a service that works with other networks is obviously not working for EE. I can use another payment method but as a consumer I just want to use a convenient method that ultimately EE is currently unable to provide even though Payforit.org is owned jointly by 3, EE, O2 and Vodafone. If my credit was poor or my account had been managed badly I would not have a legitimate argument, but that isn’t the case.....

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who is your spend limit of £30 / day with, Boku or EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by EIENSTEIN1 Contributor
Contributor

I have raised several complaints now.... We need to all do the same. Ee and Boku are the ones who need to talk to each other to determine the issue instead of customers being passed like a ping pong ball between the two. There is definitely a bigger problem here that neither company are addressing and to the detriment of their customers. My contract with ee ends soon. If its not resolved I shall definitely go to another provider.

Ps. My credit is with Ee not boku but EE suggest no block or issues their end despite getting a spend limit message each time I've tried. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Angus12345 

Are our Tech Gurus looking into this for you still?

Chris

Investigator

Hi @Christopher_G 

Customer Service won’t put it on to the tech guru’s as they say the issue is not with EE and my account is fine. I have raised a formal complaint.

by

Please keep us updated with your complaint, @Angus12345.

Hopefully you'll find a resolution.

Chris

Investigator

For anyone interested latest response from customer services:

Thank you for your email about the problems you've had with Boku. I can understand why you're feeling frustrated if you've been able to use the service up until recently. I tried calling you to discuss things but I couldn't reach you.

What's happening 

I've spoken to our Technical Team and they've told me that this is a known issue with some PayForIt services. The good news is that it can be fixed; after a brief chat with you, our Technical Team will be able to take the next steps to put this right.

Next steps

The Technical Team would like to speak to you. The quickest way to get to them is to call me or one of my team on 0800 0790232* and I will get you transferred to them.

We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in reference to your account and any concerns you may have. I can be contacted on 0800 079 0232*. Alternatively if you would like me to call you, please respond to this email with a suitable contact number.

I have spoken with the tech team and they have confirmed this is a known issue but mainly with google services and there have apparently been only a few complaints as it is a relatively ‘new’ issue but this is probably because people are assuming their monthly limits have been exceeded. I stated that I am aware that more than a few customers are experiencing this issue and was told the team are in a meeting and someone would call me back and give me an update.....I am still waiting for a response. Let’s see if someone does actually follow up!

by dylan415 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Angus12345,

I am too experiencing this problem and have done since the start of April. I initially thought that my spend limit had been reached due to a limit set by boku but this has turned out not to be the case. I tried using various different companies like boku which all said spend limit had been reached . This seems to be a problem affecting EE customers only.

I spoke to EE technical support tonight who advised me this is a problem they are trying their hardest to fix and are collecting everyone’s examples of this method not working as they try to get to the bottom of it so I advise anyone reading to start reporting again now! They say the problem stems from stringent network security BT has in place, and they are trying to communicate this security out to the  various companies that offer this kind of charge to mobile service, in order to allow their verification texts, which do not currently adhere to the security criteria, to get to customers.

They say they don’t have a timeline for this to be fixed as yet so I guess we all just have to wait. Hope this response has cleared it up a wee bit more.

Dylan

Investigator

Thanks Dylan really appreciated. I think everyone just needs to make a complaint or report it now if we are to get this resolved. I will let you know my response from the tech team when   I hear anything.

by dylan415 Contributor
Contributor

I have sent boku reply’s that I’ve had from EE what they think is causing the problem so boku see and they can both work together. Such a shame this payment method has worked wonders for many

by

Good Morning @Angus12345

Thanks for keeping us updated, fingers crossed they are back in touch soon. 

Please continue to keep us updated. 

Katie 🙂

by

Hi there @dylan415

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this to. 

It would be great if you could also keep us updated within this thread. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by dylan415 Contributor
Contributor

Just an update to let everyone know this payment method is now working as it should. Boku and EE have worked together and came up with a fix! Happy days

by

Glad this is now working for you @dylan415

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Leanne.

by dylan415 Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone having this problem again?

by

Are you having the same problem again, @dylan415?

Do you know how it was fixed last time?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions