by Billaboard Contributor
Contributor

Pay sa you go to contract allowance

I called in at an EE store, bought a new non-smart phone for my wife and changed from Pay as You Go to a Contract. All has gone well and she is using her phone and back on her old number.

However, the salesman said the £14 monthly charge would be reduced by £4 per month because of the change from pay as go to contract. He said the first bill would say £14, but this would be adjusted in later bills. The first bill arrived today and said £14, which is OK.

What concerns me is that nowhere in the billing information, what I signed in the shop or on this website can I find anything in writing about the £4 reduction. Can it be confirmed that this is correct.

My personal O2 contract is £10, so I am alarmed if I do have to pay EE more for a similar basic service.

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Pay sa you go to contract allowance

@Billaboard  You’ll need to call customer services to find out. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Billaboard

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Do any discounts show under the 'Your plan & add-ons' > 'Add-ons' section of your My EE account?

Chris

Contributor

No, no discounts show anywhere in the Plan and Add Ons section.

Also, I'm still looking for the phone number for customer services, referred to in the previous reply. I'm new to this site, so maybe I'll get better at finding things as time passes.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Look it up under Get in touch .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by

I recommend having a chat with customer services then, to make sure everything is set up properly, @Billaboard

You can find our contact details on the get in touch page.

I'm sure you will. 🙂

Chris 

Contributor

OK, I rang Customer Services and spoke to two agents between spending ages listening to awful music. The outcome was that they put a note of my query on my account and said that I had to go to the EE shop with all the details and ask them.

I went to the shop and was told that, as it was a "Back of House Discount", it would not show up in any account documentation or paperwork, but that the £4 charged this month would be added to the regular £4 discount next month, so I'd only have to pay £6 next month. The discount will then roll over each month while the contract runs and will roll over at the end of 12 months.

I hope I wasn't just being fobbed off, but I'm a trusting soul.

It does seem an extremely weird way to run a business, having discount schemes that are not advertised or shown on the website and don't appear on any paperwork.

by

Hi there @Billaboard

Thanks for coming back to us.

Could our customer service team see any discount showing?

Was this an EE retail shop you went to?

Leanne.

Contributor

No, the Customer Service team could see no discount showing. They just said to go back to the shop.

It was an EE Retail shop area in the corner of an Argos store**. They said that the discount would not appear in any paperwork, so customer services would not see it.

** When I first went to the store, I expressed surprise that it wasn't well advertised, and that the find a store part of the website didn't mention it being in Argos. I saw today that in this retail park there is a joint Argos EE sign about 50 feet in the air over the store, but EE are not allowed to put a sign in the Argos window.

by

Hi @Billaboard

Thanks for coming back to me.

It should be showing within the paper work and with customer service.

I would like to get this looked into for you.

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne.

Contributor

Hi Leanne, Thanks for doing this.

I have received your private message via email and via the community, but the email says do not reply to this, and in the community private messages area, I can't see anything like a reply button.

I would like to reply.

I am sure I'm being stupid. I'm running Firefox as the browser on a laptop.

by

Hi there @Billaboard

If you can reply to my message when logged into the community on your device.

Click on my message and then at the bottom delete or reply will show.

If you have any problems let me know.

Leanne.

Contributor

Leanne, It is not a smartphone, although it has a web browser. It does not have a touch screen.

It is my wife's phone so I am reluctant to make changes. I suppose in emergency I could temporarily move the sim over to my smartphone, or maybe it would connect using my existing sim.

I have tried Internet Explorer on the laptop - no difference. There seems to be no  reply or delete button on the laptop interface.

Is it possible that a reply to the email would work?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You should be able to do this in IE on your lappy when logged into this Community, clicking on the link @Leanne_T gave you & opening up her msg. You will see the Reply button at the bottom of her msg. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

XRay, Yes that is exactly what I did in two browsers and there is no reply button visible.

I may have solved the problem of communicating with Leanne by sending her a private message from this forum. Even with that, if I click on the Sent button, I see part of my message ending with ...  It's as if a box is displayed that the message goes into, but there is no scroll bar or anything to enable the bottom of the message to be seen.

I'm too old for all this stuff. I can get into MyEE from my non-EE smart(ish)phone, but haven't yet had time to see if I can get into this forum area.

Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the help.

I have now dealt with Leanne and Alex via private messages. They arranged a phone call which resolved everything, and we now have a text message confirming the discount.

Customer support say they will speak to the EE store concerned regarding the discrepancy between the advice given by the store and support.

Regarding the lack of a reply button on the Private Messages on my laptops, it appears that there are two formats of the PM's, which appear on slightly different url's. I have never encountered this in years of using forums and private messaging through them, but I am now in communication and happy.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Billaboard,

I'm glad we were able to help you out and that customer service could resolve the issue for you 🙂

Please come back to the community anytime 

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.