by DanielCatley
Explorer

Pay Monthly To Pay As You Go - Moving Abroad

Hi,

I am currently on a Pay Monthly contract which is due to cease on the 09-Oct-18. However, I will be moving abroad to Singapore at the end of June. I feel it is best to transfer my number to Pay As You Go package but believe I will have to pay a fee due to ending the contract early.

Is it possible to keep my number in the process? What would I have to do to keep the SIM active considering I will be based in Singapore? 

I want to keep this device and ultimatley my apps etc as I will be getting a work phone but want to keep the two seperate.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Pay Monthly To Pay As You Go - Moving Abroad

@DanielCatley  Yes you’ll need to pay off the contract and you can request it to be transferred to a PAYG.  You need to call customer services to do this as they have to tell you the cost to pay off the contract.  Once it’s been transferred to a PAYG you’ll need to make sure you disable the pack feature that you’ll be on as these are 30 day packs that have to be renewed every 30 days,  all you have to do once it’s a PAYG is text STOP PACK to 150 it will then be a standard PAYG and you’ll only need to make a chargeable call/text once every couple of months to keep it activate so you don’t loose your number.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@DanielCatley  Yes you’ll need to pay off the contract and you can request it to be transferred to a PAYG.  You need to call customer services to do this as they have to tell you the cost to pay off the contract.  Once it’s been transferred to a PAYG you’ll need to make sure you disable the pack feature that you’ll be on as these are 30 day packs that have to be renewed every 30 days,  all you have to do once it’s a PAYG is text STOP PACK to 150 it will then be a standard PAYG and you’ll only need to make a chargeable call/text once every couple of months to keep it activate so you don’t loose your number.  

by DanielCatley
Explorer

Thank you Chris!

And regarding items like activation and roaming abroad is that all done for when the transfer is done ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

PAYG SIMs are activated immediately.

Roaming is always enabled on PAYG SIMs but you'll have to pay for it outside the EU. For Singapore see https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/singap... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DanielCatley.

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see you have been given some brilliant answers here already. 

All the best with the move abroad, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions