Highlighted
by alexd2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Number transfer from old contract to new

As upgrades are very expensive (correct word rip off) via 3rd party providers on EE and it’s twice cheaper to open a new contract for the same phone. Does EE support pay monthly to pay monthly number transfer? (Basically from one out of contract to new contract number transfer)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Number transfer from old contract to new

@alexd2017  You will have to port to a different network on payg then port it back.   

Any new contract via a 3rd party is cheaper because they get better  commission on new contracts and what they charge has nothing do with EE as EE don’t supply the handset. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@alexd2017  You will have to port to a different network on payg then port it back.   

Any new contract via a 3rd party is cheaper because they get better  commission on new contracts and what they charge has nothing do with EE as EE don’t supply the handset. 

by VickyW18 Investigator
Investigator

I’m also having an issue regards EE number to EE number. I was on an old T-Mobile tariff and called in to EE to see if I could transfer the number to EE. This has been done successfully. But I needed a new EE SIM card that runs on 4G. Again no problem, they quite happily did that. They then said that my current number would transfer to my new SIM within 1-2 hours. 24 hours I’m still waiting! Is this normal? So now I’m paying for 4G but not receiving it. I’m having to use 2 phones, one of which I can’t really use other than using my apps, etc. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @VickyW18

I have responded in this thread

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.