by JohnBoy12 Investigator
Investigator

No more Retentions department?

Just been going though my contract phones as I knew two of them were up for renewal, I have four of them for the family, 3 x iPhone £36pm accounts and one iPad Account for £34pm.

I phoned up yesterday looking to upgrade (or downgrade depending on how you look at it) one of the accounts to a low to mid tier Samsung Handset at a lower price just to keep the contract and line active.  Sadly that didn’t happen and I ended up putting in my 30 days notice on one of the phone accounts and the iPad.

Not that I phoned up looking for something for nothing, I had expected them to at least match competitors prices (or even their own web prices for that matter) for the Handset and contract I was interested in but the CS rep wouldn’t budge at all, not that he was rude or anything but my lines were cancelled there and then without going through retentions. 

Is this the norm now at EE? I mean I can literally either walk into an EE store and get the handset I want at a reasonable price taking out a new line or walk into a well known mobile phone retailer and get the same handset on a different network, cheaper (with free headphones or even a free Samsung Tablet)

I know this sounds like a bit of a rant but when I came off the phone and actually thought about it, it’s quite annoying taking into account 17+ years of loyal custom, multiple lines and never ever missing a bill it's either a new line + number on EE or a PAC code and bye bye EE - Anyway, rant over.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No more Retentions department?

Hi, 

Not wishing to sound rude but at £36.00 per month you are looking at the EE Hawk level phone, or less than 5GB of Data. I think you were after something for nothing.

New customers will always get better deals as they are new customers. You can always try upgrading via a third party such as Carphone warehouse.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Actaully, I was looking at either the Samsung A3 or A5, both can be had for well under £36pm on EE, siginficatly cheaper on other networks.

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JohnBoy12

Call CS back and speak to someone else then in cancellations. 

I find it strange if those were the handsets you were after that this order wasn't processed, unless you wanted the same plan/better plan which would be more? 

What tariff are you on now and what tariff did you want? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Can you call back and try again once you’ve put in your 30 day notice? I don’t even think I was talking to cancellations yesterday, I’m pretty sure he was part of the upgrade team as I wasn’t transferred to anyone else.  Right now I’m on 2GB Data, unlimited texts and minutes.

In the end I was offered the A3 at £17pm with 300Mb Data, 250mins and unlimited texts – I barely use 100Mb of data on the iPhone per month anyway so that plan would be more than adequate for myself.

Whereas I could take out a new line, with 1GB data, unlimited texts & mins with free Headphones at £17.99pm on EE, he wouldn’t even match the price for the sake of 99p

I was hoping for the A5 at £20pm with a contribution towards the handset from myself, I know it’s been around the £25.00pm recently with no handset cost so it’s not like I was asking for the world or anything.  I would have been happy paying £20-40 for the handset & £20.00pm for the 300Mb deal I was offered on the A3 but he was having none of it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JohnBoy12  He was having none of it because he was probably not allowed to offer what you wanted. 

Investigator

Fair enough.

by p4everEE Investigator
Investigator

hi, I know where you're coming from.  I too am whitnessing this this week.

I've been with EE with phone and fibre for 4 years.  but I haven't renewed my contracts for over 2 years.

I called this week as I was having an issue with bb dropping out on all devices.  they then realised I was out of contract by 2 years and suggested it could be the router at fault.  they convinced me to take out another 18m contract and receive a new router.  tried the new router last night as the swithover happened and it won't connect.  spent till 3.30 this morn trying to figure it out and then another 1h 40 mins today to no avail.  they're sending me out another router.  hopefully have it by friday!!!

at the same time as my bb renewal I discussed my mobile upgrade and that I hadn't upgraded in 2 years.

they had zero wiggle room for me.  None at all.  I could have the cheapest handset they offer.  The new Hawk for £15 per month on a 2 years contract

I too and hoping for the A5 on principle alone.  They have an open box offer for £20.40 per month, but I've never paif over £15 for a cotnract and my last phone from Voda was an LG G3!

Hopefully as I've been let down with the internet, something can be done with my upgrade as a gesture of goodwill.  I also want to add another mobile line to the account, so EE win and so do I.

Well see.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi guys

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Please do speak again with our team.

We'd absolutely love to make sure that you stay as valued customers of EE.

@JohnBoy12 if you've given 30 days notice it's not too late to let us try and change your mind.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

That’s exactly it, no wiggle room at all.  All my phone contracts are (or were) staggered meaning one of them was up around December every year – In previous years there’s been no issues at all having EE price match their own web prices for new customers or even deals from other networks, its not like I’m asking for a bespoke deal with 10GB’s data and a £500 handset for peanuts. 

It’s a pain as even if I were to stick with EE and take out a new line I’d still have to change my number as I was told (I don’t know if this is still the case) that you cant use a PAC code on the same network that issued it so I’d have to change networks in order to keep my number – its almost like they don’t want my custom even though I’ve been paying them well over £1500 a year since 2010 and around half that every year from 2000 until that point.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.