by thedon
Explorer

No Offers for existing customers - Absolutely fuming!!!!

Hi, My plan has been eligible for an upgrade for some time, when i log in, there are no tempting offers for upgrade of handset. All prices advertised are the same whether new or existing customers. I found a deal on mobiles.co.uk that was with EE network for samsung a7, 4gb data, Unlimited txt and minutes for £22 per month when i asked EE direct if they can match it, they said i would have to pay £100 for the phone.  The offer on the other site was for free handset!

The customer service and retention team have no care in keeping existing customers, to also get told that even though the deal is with ee i would have to get a pac code to leave ee and port my number to a payg phone then port back to ee to the new deal, this is ridiculous! why cant ee migrate numbers within their network?

The customer service then told me phone the other company and see if they will do it as an upgrade, so EE are happy for me to move elsewhere to a 3rd party competitor, really good service!!!!!!

I have spent so much time on live chat, phoning cs and getting nowhere, it's like your team are reading from scripts!.

Why are EE not caring about existing customers?
It is an absolute disgrace how your customer service team and retention team are doing nothing.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No Offers for existing customers - Absolutely fuming!!!!

@thedon  It’s not possible to migrate a number from one account to another and porting out and back is the only way.  It’s always been like this.   

Just look at mobile.co.uk upgrading offers for existing customers you will not get that same deal as your upgrading through them and not taking out a new contact/account.  They offer better deals for new contacts not existing customers.  

why should a existing customer get a better deal than a new customer through EE ? 

The offer from mobiles.co.uk is for a handset supplied by them not EE and they get these from other sources and it’s not EE supplied device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@thedon: It's like buying anything today. There is no longer loyalty to customers. You have to shop around. Find a reseller who does EE upgrades at a price you like & you won't have to mess about porting your no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@thedon wrote:

Hi, My plan has been eligible for an upgrade for some time, when i log in, there are no tempting offers for upgrade of handset. All prices advertised are the same whether new or existing customers. I found a deal on mobiles.co.uk that was with EE network for samsung a7, 4gb data, Unlimited txt and minutes for £22 per month when i asked EE direct if they can match it, they said i would have to pay £100 for the phone.  The offer on the other site was for free handset!

The customer service and retention team have no care in keeping existing customers, to also get told that even though the deal is with ee i would have to get a pac code to leave ee and port my number to a payg phone then port back to ee to the new deal, this is ridiculous! why cant ee migrate numbers within their network?

The customer service then told me phone the other company and see if they will do it as an upgrade, so EE are happy for me to move elsewhere to a 3rd party competitor, really good service!!!!!!

I have spent so much time on live chat, phoning cs and getting nowhere, it's like your team are reading from scripts!.

Why are EE not caring about existing customers?
It is an absolute disgrace how your customer service team and retention team are doing nothing.

... Aaannnddd bbrreeaatthhe... 

I've always found EE Customer Service most helpful. Why don't you work with EE to find a satisfactory solution? Go SIM only and buy a new phone outright perhaps... Or see what else is on offer...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @thedon

What deal are you currently on paying? Deals tend to be tied into your current payment plan from my experience.

Third party sellers course their devices from cheaper locations and subsidise their deals. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Team

Hi @thedon,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get the deal you wanted when you spoke to our upgrades team.

Did you go through some alternative plans with the agent? Our team will look at your usage and current plan and match a deal that is best for you.

By upgrading directly with EE, you also get all of the benefits of the network that you wouldn't get if you upgraded via  3rd party.

Alex 🙂

by Merricat Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded my phone myself by using Apples 0% finance offer. This worked out by far the cheapest . 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions