by rbarkley82
Explorer

New Sim Only - Approved?

I went to the EE store to get a new EE Sim Only. The systems was down so they did a manual contract, give me the sim and then phoned me 2 hours later to process. The guy told me he would phone back in a few minutes to confirm if all was approved. I never got the call so put the sim into my phone. I can make calls, receive calls, use data but cannot send or receive text messages. Does that mean the contract was approved?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New Sim Only - Approved?

@rbarkley82 You need to go back to the store about this.   And you could just try restarting the device to see if text messages work ok.  

by rbarkley82
Explorer

Its more the fact to see if because I can make and receive calls and use data has the contract been approved. I understand some services can take abit to activate.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, if you can use it in the main, it has been approved.

Check your message centre no. for EE is +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rbarkley82

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking your contract with EE. 🙂

It seems it has been approved, judging by the fact the SIM is working.

Did updating the message centre number help?

What is the make and model of the device that you use with the SIM?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions