by Grandad2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My wife and I would like to finish with EE

My wife and I are pay monthly customers and have been for years. We are looking to finish with EE as our contract ends in about two months time and using our phones on another network (sim only) once unlocked. We feel that EE cannot offer us anything lower than what we are paying now, and I am sure that I can get a good sim only deal elsewhere. My question is would it be 30 days or 31 days notice in writing to our contract end date.

Thank you for your help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Re: My wife and I would like to finish with EE

Hi @Grandad2

I'm sorry you feel you need to leave EE.  I know they're not the cheapest but investing in the nework and being the only network to have UK and northern Ireland call centres comes in at a price. 

I believe you're required to give 30 days notice and you can simply call customer service on 150 from your phone then go through to retentions.  I would wait until you've done this before getting a sim with another provider as they may be able to give you another deal. 

Thanks, 
Martyn

4 REPLIES 4
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Hi @Grandad2

I'm sorry you feel you need to leave EE.  I know they're not the cheapest but investing in the nework and being the only network to have UK and northern Ireland call centres comes in at a price. 

I believe you're required to give 30 days notice and you can simply call customer service on 150 from your phone then go through to retentions.  I would wait until you've done this before getting a sim with another provider as they may be able to give you another deal. 

Thanks, 
Martyn

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Grandad2  It’s 30 days to give notice. But if you do this in writing the 30 days start when EE receive the letter.  It’s much easier just to call customer services when you get to the 30 day window. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Grandad2 and welcome to the community.

Please see the wonderful advice given above ​​​​​​to assist with your query,

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grandad2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thankyou for your help, my wife and I just need a sim to call and text no fancy phones, we both have a Samsung J5 which we like.

We are both well retired now. so do not need anything fancy.

Thankyou.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.