by tobygmf

My phone said 'No Sim' for 2/3 months so was useless, am i entitled to a refund?

After I started at University away from home an error message started appearing more and more often on my phone telling me I had no sim inserted when this was not the case. Eventually it got to the stage where it never thought I had a sim inserted even if I restarted my phone multiple times taking the sim and battery out. My phone was effectively useless for 2/3 months as it took a bit of time to sort out changing the accounts with my mum back home, and then having the time to go in store and ask for a new sim. Eventually I got it sorted and my phone worked pretty normally again, although it did occasionally still say 'sim card removed'. During this time I was still paying my bill of around £25, I was wondering if I'm entitled to any sort of refund as I was not in fact using the contract at all in this time?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: My phone said 'No Sim' for 2/3 months so was useless, am i entitled to a ref

Hello @tobygmf this would not be possible no I am sorry. A contract is a legally binding agreement to pay all monthly payments regardless of whether you had a device to use it in at the time or not. More information on when and when you do not have to pay your monthly line rental due to circumstances can be found by looking up the relevant terms and conditions for your plan contained in this link:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/terms-and-conditions/ee-terms-and-conditions/pa...

There is no systems or account access allowed on this public forum but if you would like to discuss this further please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can look into this for you. 🙂
1 REPLY 1
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: My phone said 'No Sim' for 2/3 months so was useless, am i entitled to a ref

Hello @tobygmf this would not be possible no I am sorry. A contract is a legally binding agreement to pay all monthly payments regardless of whether you had a device to use it in at the time or not. More information on when and when you do not have to pay your monthly line rental due to circumstances can be found by looking up the relevant terms and conditions for your plan contained in this link:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/terms-and-conditions/ee-terms-and-conditions/pa...

There is no systems or account access allowed on this public forum but if you would like to discuss this further please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can look into this for you. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions