by Kristen Investigator
Investigator

My ipad contract is due an upgrade and I'd rather get a phone than another iPad.

iPad is due upgrade. If I upgrade and swap iPad for phone instead will I still get charged for the iPad and will the iPad still work?

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My ipad contract is due an upgrade and I'd rather get a phone than another i

@Kristen   You can not upgrade from a iPad to a phone contact,   You will have to give 30 days notice on the iPad contract and you can take out a new contract for a phone when ever you want. 

The iPad will still work as in functioning but you will not have a cellular data connection for it but it will work over wifi and you could if you wish use a preloaded  data SIM card in it when ever you wanted a cellular data connection for it.  

by Kristen Investigator
Investigator

Re: My ipad contract is due an upgrade and I'd rather get a phone than another i

Thank you very much. So I might as well cancel the iPad contract if I'm paying for something that will work on my home wifi then? I'm not very technical as you can guess and don't understand about the other bit you added but sounds like I may as well cancel. Do I have to ring them to do this? 

Thanks again.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kristen   Yes you have to ring to give notice (  it's also quicker ) and while your on the phone you can even ask about phone contracts.  You never know you might get a good offer.     But if you are not sure on what phone you would like go to a store and have a look at them.  Speak with the store staff they will help you.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kristen   Just seen your other post.  Asking what is cellular connection, Smiley LOL .   Is there anything else I can help you with ? 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions