by Zack_Matthews Investigator
Investigator

My contract doesn’t seem to work? I’ve tried everything, even upgrading my plan

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My contract doesn’t seem to work? I’ve tried everything, even upgrading my p

Hi @Zack_Matthews

Can you provide a bit more information. 

• Is this mobile or broadband problem?
  • If mobile are you pay monthly or PAYG?
  • Have you recently joined EE , upgraded or migrated over? 
  • What device do you have and was it from EE?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My contract doesn’t seem to work? I’ve tried everything, even upgrading my p

@Zack_Matthews: Contract for what? In what way doesn't it work?

Need much more detail as to what your problem is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yes I have a monthly contract and I’m not sure if it is a mobile or broadband problem. When I connect to my WiFi I can access the internet and social media with ease however when I try to use my 4g it will show that the 4g is on and should be working but will not load anything. I previously had an iPhone 6 and it was allowing me to access the internet through 4g perfectly. However it suddenly stopped and I didn’t understand why as the contract has not ended and it is still being paid for. I have tried everything but doesn’t seem to work. I have then tried to upgrade my plan and I have got a new iPhone 7 today and it still has the same issues. Not only this my calls and texts will not work with newly added contacts? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't be BB if your mobile works over WiFi to your BB router.

As you only got this phone today, it might take up to 24 hours for the SIM to be recognised.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Okay, thank you

I will get back to you to see if it has worked

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zack_Matthews

Welcome to the community. 

Is it any better this morning?

Does your phone show an EE connection in the top corner?

Are you able to make calls/send texts?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Investigator

Sadly it still has not worked this morning.

yes it says I have stable connection and when 4g is on it also appears in the corner but doesn’t actually work?

when I add new contacts in I cannot seem to phone or call them either? 

by

Thanks @Zack_Matthews

Please check your area on our network status checker and let us know if there are any maintenance works.

Chris

Investigator

This has been going on for about 2 months now so it would be a very long maintenance break!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't know it's the same thing. You had a new phone yesterday. We are trying to help you with your current issue, not the past.

by

Thanks @Zack_Matthews.

I didn't realise it had been going on for so long.

As @XRaySpeX said, this could be an unrelated issue. It can take up to 24 hours for your new SIM to fully activate.

We recommend turning your phone off/on periodically too.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.