by SephirothUK
Explorer

My account has been hacked, am I due compensation?

Read more
A few months ago someone pretended to be me and rang EE (Mobile network provider), got through numerous security checks and managed to get a replacement sim in my name. He /she tried to purchase high value items with my number but fortunately I noticed and intervened just in time. My question....is EE breached my contract agreement? Am I entitled to compensation the stress and hassle of re-securing all my online accounts linked to my phone number?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My account has been hacked, am I due compensation?

Hi, 

How is this EE fault if someones answered all your security questions, maybe you need to think of something less obvious as your security questions. Why do you think you will be entitled to anything? 

Try complaining here

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by SephirothUK
Explorer

Apparently they didn't answer the security question, but pretended they forgot the answer. Seems like anybody could do this! With my number they accessed my email, and tried to order a £2500 mac book through my PayPal, luckily I have extra security on this so they failed. I only noticed when I couldn't get signal as the hacker had registered a different sim. At the very least I think this is breach of contract... Shouldn't be that easy 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SephirothUK

Complain then via the link I have provided. 

Don't see how access to EE gains access to PayPal?. You should activate two stage authentication on any payment or email accounts. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SephirothUK,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Northerner.

Our complaints team will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

James

by Jamie16

@James_Bit is great advice to use two factor authntication... so when is EE going to do the decent thing and implement it on their customer portal?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.