by Meganjones88
Explorer

Moving abroad!

Hi, I am moving to France and my contract will not have ended before I go. I really would like to keep my contract with EE and was wondering if there was a way to keep this in France without incurring the roaming costs? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Moving abroad!

Hello @Meganjones88 Unless you have a plan with roaming allowances included it would not be possible to avoid any roaming charges when using the phone abroad no I am sorry. You can keep the account active and would just pay the monthly line rental if you do not use it or stick to your roaming allowances when abroad. Contracts are none transferable to other networks so ownership of your account would have to remain with EE here in the UK. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Meganjones88 Unless you have a plan with roaming allowances included it would not be possible to avoid any roaming charges when using the phone abroad no I am sorry. You can keep the account active and would just pay the monthly line rental if you do not use it or stick to your roaming allowances when abroad. Contracts are none transferable to other networks so ownership of your account would have to remain with EE here in the UK. 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Meganjones88

Thank you for visiting the Community. Smiley Happy

As @Profile closed has advised, you could continue to pay for your Pay Monthly plan while you are in France.

Unfortunately using your EE plan in France for longer than 30 days is not possible as detailed in your price plans Terms and Conditions.

All new plans that include a roaming allowance can only be used in Europe for a maximum of 30 days, you will then need to connect to the EE network to continue to use your roaming allowances after 30 days.

by Meganjones88
Explorer

Thank you for the quick reply, and @tom222. 

So my best option would be to continue to pay the contract, get the phone unlocked before I go and just use a french SIM card for the mean time until my contract ends? 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Meganjones88 that would be a viable option yes. Information on unlocking your device through EE can be found using this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.