by Meeks
Explorer

Monthly payment contracts

New phone, pay monthly contract, no upfront cost - but when do I start paying my

monthly?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Monthly payment contracts

Hello @Meeks

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

If you are a new customer, you will receive your first months bill within 48 hours of joining EE and payment will be taken eight days after.

However, if you are a current EE customer who has just either upgraded or taken out a new line, you will be billed on your normal bill date (the day your allowances refresh) and payment will be taken eight day after, on your normal payment date. Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Meeks  You should get a bill within a few days as you pay pro rata.  Your first bill will include the few days before your bill was generated so it will be slightly higher. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @Meeks

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

If you are a new customer, you will receive your first months bill within 48 hours of joining EE and payment will be taken eight days after.

However, if you are a current EE customer who has just either upgraded or taken out a new line, you will be billed on your normal bill date (the day your allowances refresh) and payment will be taken eight day after, on your normal payment date. Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Meeks

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I can see that you have been offered some brilliant help by @Chris_B and @Inyourbox already.

Just to add a little to that:-

You’ll get your first EE bill in the post around seven days after you join EE. You can log in to My EE to see this online.

You first EE bill will cover the cost of your plan and any services you may use such as:

• your monthly plan charge – the cost of your plan. This is charged one month in advance from the date you joined EE
  • add-ons - such as international minutes or picture messages if you choose to add them

You can see more information on our EE Mobile bills explained help and support page.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.