cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Missold contract

Amyb85
Investigator
Investigator

I went into store today to upgrade my phone.

I was told my phone would be £35 a month and that for an extra £3 a month I could get a tablet on contract. Super I thought!

However on looking my phone is actually only £25 a month and therefore I'm paying an extra £13 a month for the tablet!

I'm not happy about this....is there anything I can do? Can I get out of the tablet contract?

24 REPLIES 24
Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@Profile closed wrote:
 which you actually got for £25 per month.

Where's that come from? I take it that OP saw same phone online with EE for £25.

But there has been no mention of looking online by the OP. Where did you get online from?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: From:

@Amyb85 wrote:

However on looking my phone is actually only £25 a month

Looking where is not clear! But nor is your supposition. Where else is there to look?

Anyway we won't know unless the OP tells us.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Profile closed
Not applicable

The OP clearly wrote in her initial statement that when she got home she saw that the phone was £25 per month and the tablet was £13 per month. She had been told differently verbally by the sales person in store. In store she had been told that the phone was £35 and that it would be an extra £3 to add on a tablet. 

The £25 can be seen on my pperworkp (which the guy quickly folded up and put in my bag) and is also available online

Thank you, @Amyb85, that clears that up.

Shows you should have read that paperwork before signing it.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Amyb85

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you been back to the store? 

They will be able to get this looked into for you.

Leanne 🙂

@XRaySpeX wrote:

The paperwork wasn't printed until after I'd agreed and signed for the contract

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hi @Amyb85

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you been back to the store? 

They will be able to get this looked into for you.

Leanne 🙂

Am going in later today hopefully

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Rather crafty now you sign using your finger on a tablet. The screen where you sign doesn't show the contract price plan etc.

The paperwork doesn't get printed until after you sign and paid your up front fees etc.

This is quicker for the customer but leve EE wide open to rogue employees getting good commission.

Yes @Amyb85 should have read the paperwork but she had already signed so the store could've said you signed what was on there.

They should be letting you read the contract on the tablet before you sign for it but instead they just click on the box and say sign here.

This happened when I went in for my Galaxy Watch. I made sure I read it first but the guy wasn't happy I asked. Although I received great service whilst in there. 

EE need to rethink how people sign for their contracts.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

You mean, @BrendonH, it's like signing a blank cheque? Smiley Wink I'd refuse until I see the figures!