cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of lines

Richardadc1
Visitor

I’ve read on the EE website that the maximum number of lines a consumer can have is 5. I’ve currently got 4 (3 phones, 1 Apple Watch) but want to add another 2 watches. I’ve been told I’ll need to wait a few months to add another watch as I’ve just taken out another line but I was wondering if 5 is the hard limit. 150 didn’t seem to be sure. 

it’s nearly upgrade time for one of my phones so I am considering moving that one off EE to get the additional lines. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richardadc1   providing EE are happy and you pass the credit check for more lines you should get them.  

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richardadc1   providing EE are happy and you pass the credit check for more lines you should get them.  

EE do not run credit checks on additional lines or upgrading , but will look at your payment history to see if you have missed any payments before approving any lines. The maximum likes is 5. 

@LeeRicha EE will check again as it’s more credit your are requiring from EE and your credit rating might of change.  Especially since this was asked last year.  

An upgrade is not an additional line and this is about additional lines that require more credit.  But you do have a limit with EE so they can still refuse you on a upgrade if it’s over that limit.  

richardadc
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As the original poster I can now answer this. They didn’t run an additional credit check that was reported on any of the CRAs. They did an internal check only. 

I also now have 6 lines so the maximum of 5 must be an old thing.

I have 7 on account, ( 4 phones and 3 Apple Watch cellular plans) so you can definitely have more than 5

Clive456
Explorer

I’ve just come back to Ee  I have 4 simm numbers  one fir me and the other three are for my family members  we all have Apple Watches cellular  Ee terms condition will only allow me to have a total of 5 simms on one account  I have to wait 30days to try and slit the account with my wife providing she passes credit check my daughters are under 18 so unable to pass credit check. I wish the sales team told me this at the start of my contract last week 

I’ve just come back to Ee  I have 4 simm numbers  one fir me and the other three are for my family members  we all have Apple Watches cellular  Ee terms condition will only allow me to have a total of 5 simms on one account  I have to wait 30days to try and slit the account with my wife providing she passes credit check my daughters are under 18 so unable to pass credit check. I wish the sales team told me this at the start of my contract last week 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Clive456

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this. 

Did the team mention if in the future you will be able to have these all under one account?

Katie

DaveMcA
Explorer

I currently have 7 (3 phones, 2 mobile wifi devices, 1 iPad, 1 Samsung tablet) without any issues. Just call customer services. They will carry out an internal check only and will approve you if you have an excellent payment record with them (as I do). Good luck