by Sean9090 Investigator
Investigator

Matching prices with competition

Hello
So my contact has come to an end and I have just contacted the EE customer service team regardling a new contract, however, I informed them that I had found better deals online through 3rd party companies, the woman informed me that they can try and match the price. She offered me unlimited calls and texts with 15gb and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with no upfront charge for £62 per month, which is still more expensive than the deal I found on the third party website. 
Vodafone (Via MobilePhonesDirect.com) however offered me the same deal for £52 per month and I am really contemplating starting a contract with them, that said I do prefer EE as a provider so I am wondering if EE can match, or come close to this offer otherwise I would have to take my business elsewhere.

Thank you 
Sean 

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Matching prices with competition

EE don't price match.

These phone bought from third parties are from EU stock rather than UK stock.

You won' benefit from all the services you can get if purchase from EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Sean9090 Investigator
Investigator

I have had a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium for the past 2 years bought from a third party contract provider and I have not had any issue with service. The woman on the phone did deduct quite a large amount from the contract that was advertised (£3 per month as well as removing the upfront cost) but it is still £9 a month more than what other providers are selling for.
I feel like I can get my contract price reduced a bit more given that I am sure they would prefer to have someone paying £1100 over 2 years to them rather than someone else.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Newer phones have the benefit of Vo4G which you won' be able to have if bought elsewhere as you need EE firmware.

EE would still get their money albeit through a third party so it doesn' really matter.

If you want to buy from a third party go ahead. But EE doesn't price match.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Sean9090 also just to add you won't get WiFi calling if not purchased directly through EE

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Rogersdave771 some phones do get WiFi calling if not bought direct from EE, but they still have to be UK stock to receive this. As third parties get their stock from Europe this would not be the case here.

But again it is only certain phones like S8/S8+, Note 8 etc.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sean9090

We would absolutely love you to stay with EE 🙂

We don't price match and what you do is your own choice, but I know we would hate to lose you.

Why not have another chat?

Let us know what you decide to do.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Sean9090 Investigator
Investigator

Hello @Richard_C
Thanks for the comment, although you do not do price matching, am I right in thinking you do negotiate prices to try and come close the competitions prices or at least give the best possible offer for their customer? I am assuming so as you suggested I have another chat with the customer service team, I would like to stay with EE as compared to the other providers the CS team is really good and if the right deal can be made I will apply for a 2 year contract with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as early as tomorrow.

Thank you
Sean

by
EE Community Support Team

I'd love you to stay with us @Sean9090

I know that phone is a power house of a device and I can't upgrade myself for another year 😞

I can't guarantee you will get the deal you want but please see what they can do for you.

We want to keep you part of the EE family.

Let me know how you get on.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.