by Meggo
Visitor

Lowell

I have received a letter from Lowell saying they have bought my debt from Orange. I was unaware I had a debt with Orange. My account was closed several years ago and I have never had any correspondence from Orange about an outstanding balance. I want to check with Orange Collections Dept before calling Lowell as I am pretty sure this is a scam. However, I cannot find a number for the collections team and if I call customer services I cannot get through wit out entering an Orange phone number... which I no longer have! Can anyone help please? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Lowell

Hi @RIchywills,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

If the outstanding balance has been passed to a collections agency, you wouldn't be able to make a payment with EE. I would advise contacting them directly to arrange payment.

For more information, please see How does EE use my credit file information?.

James

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Hi @Meggo and welcome to the Community.

It may be worthwhile checking your Credit File as this will show any outstanding debt and defaults.

Many thanks,

Lee

by RIchywills
Visitor

I went for finance for a car in 2016, my credit file showed I had an outstanding amount owed to EE, I went home and got a credit report from Expirain which showed I owed £168.00 to EE. The following morning I went to the local EE store and spoke to the manager who spoke to someone over the phone and provided my name and address and stated there was an outstanding balance on my credit file, there was a search done and I was then told there was no monies owed. I had also not received any communication to advise beforehand that there was such a debt. A month later I received a letter from Lowell stating I then owed £680 after several conversations with them they said the £680 included a cancelation fee. The day I visited the store I went with the intention of clearing this debt as I did not want this on my credit file and was advised nothing was owed. This is really bad communication and I have heard is happening all the time and is the norm.

by
Solution

Hi @RIchywills,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

If the outstanding balance has been passed to a collections agency, you wouldn't be able to make a payment with EE. I would advise contacting them directly to arrange payment.

For more information, please see How does EE use my credit file information?.

James

by katg12
Explorer

I gave received a letter from Lowell to advise TMobile sold my debt to then. I don't have any debt with team mobile (I've always paid by DD and never missed any payments). I need this to be confirmed with Lowell and confirmation this has been sorted. Please confirm in return.

by

Hi @katg12,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Do you still have a phone with T-Mobile or EE?

Thanks

James

by katg12
Explorer

Hi

I do still have a phone with EE. Pay monthly contract paid via DD every month.

Regards

Get Outlook for Android
by

Hi there @katg12

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you speak to our customer service team they will be able to get this looked into for you. 

Thanks. Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions