by Enokisawesome Investigator
Investigator

Lost loyalty

I've been with EE for some time now and accrued a £12 loyalty. Today I decided to try and get an upgrade for my monthly deal to be told that this loyalty would not be carrying over at all. With this loss of loyalty comes the actual loss of my loyalty to their brand, why would I remain with EE when other companies will offer the same deals or better as a new customer?

Anyone else had a similar occurance?

13 REPLIES 13
by
EE Employee

Re: Lost loyalty

Hi and welcome to the community @Enokisawesome

Have you spoken to our retentions team in regards to seeing what offers are available.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi @Lee_H I spoke to both the upgrades team and the retention team. I was hopeful that retentions may have had the ability to grant loyalty in exchange for loyalty, however it seems not.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Enokisawesome

I am sorry we are not able to transfer this discount for you.

Are you moving from Orange or T-Mobile?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

I was with orange for some time before EE became the default for the two brands, and have been with EE since then. 

by

Hi @Enokisawesome

Have you transferred your number over to EE?

Or are you still using the Orange account?

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

The number was transferred from orange to EE a few years back. It will soon be transferred elsewhere due to this loss of loyalty. 

by

I see thanks @Enokisawesome

Thanks for confirming.

It may be worth another call to our customer service team to see what they can offer you before you leave.

Thanks, Leanne.

by raj_jagdev Investigator
Investigator

Hi - I've had a similar experience today.  I've been a loyal customer since before EE was formed (I was originally with T-Mobile).  I've also accrued a £12 loyalty discount, and previously have not had an issue with it being carried forward to new contracts.  When I called today to speak to the upgrade and retentions team I was told that it would not be carried forward because they were already offering me a discount and they can't "double discount".  

So here is the "discount" I was offered:  I am currently on a £27.99 SIM only deal, discounted by £12 to £15.99 for 8GB data (boosted to 15GB because of my EE home broadband and some legacy data boosts).  I was offered £16 for 15GB data, which would be boosted by 5GB to 20GB data.  So that is a saving of exactly zero over what I am currently paying (which I am fine with in principle) but the "discount" is effectively £5.  

How do I get to this?  A SIM only contract for 20GB would cost me £21.00 pm as a new customer (in fact, as an existing customer I can get a SIM only 20GB contract for £18.90 a month, which means that on this basis, the discount is only £2.90).

So in exchange for my loyalty to EE, they are offering to slash my £12 loyalty discount to £5, notionally justified by Andy and Keith in the upgrades team because "I am getting more data".  Data which I do not need.  

I was also told quite bluntly that the team are sales people and work on commission - this was said to suggest to me that they would not hold back on an offer if they had one.  Of course, the reverse is a far more compelling proposition - that by offering or honouring a larger discount, the sales person at the other end of the line has an eye to the commission potentially lost by doing so. 

All in all, dealing with your upgrades and retention team has been exhausting, frustrating and depressing.

If there is an EE support representative that is monitoring these forums and that thinks he or she could help I would be interested to hear from them.  I do not want to be told to call 150 and speak to the same team again, because frankly, speaking to your upgrades and retentions team makes my stomach churn.  They are beligerent, don't listen, don't let the customer speak - it is a totally unsatisfactory customer service experience.

by

Hi @raj_jagdev,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear our upgrades team were unable to find a plan that met your needs.

They are the team that are best placed to help and would have offered you the best possible deals available.

Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you would like to run through your options again.

James

Investigator

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.  Is it really the case that your customer services agents can't change me to a different price plan?  Why must I speak to your upgrades and retentions team?  You CS agents are far friendly and more helpful than anyone I have spoken to in upgrades so far.  

It isn't just that they weren't able to help me - I'm also complaining about their approach to speaking to customers.  Who can I speak to about this?  

On my last call with U&R I requested my PAC codes which I now have.  I am actively considering a switch over to O2 unless I can make some progress with someone at EE.

Raj

Investigator

PS:  Also, any thoughts on my fairly comprehensive analysis of the deal that I was offered?  Do you think it is a fair deal?  I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

by

Hi @raj_jagdev,

Our plans change on a regular basis and I'm afraid we can't guarantee that any particular discount or plan will still be available at the end of your contract.

Our customer service team can change your price plan in line with our pay monthly terms and conditions.

I'm sorry that you haven't had a great experience when dealing with our upgrades team. If you would like to register your complaint, please see make a complaint and our customer service team will be happy to help.

James

Investigator

Thanks again, James.

I appreciate you can't guarantee any particular discount wil be available at the end of a contract, but my question and post is quite specific (as was the original poster's).  I have accumulated over my many years a loyalty discount that has previously been transferred onto new contracts.  Is it your (i.e. EE's position) that now loyalty discounts (aside from promotional line discounts) cannot be transferred?

FYI my loyalty discount has not been disapplied.  I still have it and I am more than 12 months out of contract.

I only ask because your post implies that EE's position is clear, but it just isn't to me.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.