by Holland1234

Leaving the country

I am leaving the country and would like to end my contract once the 24 months is up. Can I cancel my contract and still take my number with me even though I won’t need to transfer the number until I’m home again in a year or so time?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Leaving the country

@Holland1234 : You can only take your no. to another network by getting your PAC from EE but they are only valid for 30 days. So it'll be useless to you in a year's time.

I would suggest you get your PAC just before your min term is up by texting PAC to 65075 & give the PAC to a new provider for a PAYG SIM to keep your no. You would need to keep to their rules to keep it active, e.g. EE need you to make some chargeable action every 6 months.

As an alternative you could just ask EE to "upgrade" you to PAYG when your min term is up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Holland1234 : You can only take your no. to another network by getting your PAC from EE but they are only valid for 30 days. So it'll be useless to you in a year's time.

I would suggest you get your PAC just before your min term is up by texting PAC to 65075 & give the PAC to a new provider for a PAYG SIM to keep your no. You would need to keep to their rules to keep it active, e.g. EE need you to make some chargeable action every 6 months.

As an alternative you could just ask EE to "upgrade" you to PAYG when your min term is up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Holland1234,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX.

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to help you move to pay as you go at the end of your contract.

You'll need to remember to make sure you complete a chargeable activity on your phone at least once every 179 days to stop your account entering hibernation.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.