by eliase

Leaving contract early due to price hike

Hello,

I received an email a while back telling me that I may be able to leave my pay monthly contract (without paying exit fees) early due to a price hike in out-of-contract charges (which I have used in the past and will in the future). I tried to cancel at the time via chat but I was told I needed to get in touch once the price rise was actually put in to place i.e. in a few days from now.

Can I now do this since we're approaching this date?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Leaving contract early due to price hike

@eliase   Do you regularly have out of allowance charges?  if it’s not regular then it doesn’t really apply to you. 

I’ve had out of allowance charges in the past and I’m sure I’ll have them in the future that doesn’t mean this applies to me. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Depends what the email said. It would have said  either:

1. To let EE know you intended leaving within 30 days of the email. In which case, maybe depending on the dates. or
  2. To let EE know you intended leaving before the date of the price rise. In which case, yes.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @eliase

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with our Mobile Care team, they will be able to get this checked for you.

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions