by Jes312
Explorer

Is a contract cheaper with a sim share? I think I've been missold!

I took out a new contract in Jan 2017 for an iPhone SE, and was told that it would be cheaper for me to do a sim share with a Doro phone. My bill is around £40. I still do not understand why but trusted the man and I don't know a lot about phones or contracts. 

When I speak to other people with the same phone and similar plans (unlimited calls and texts and 5mb) they are paying a lot less than I am.

I went into a store a few months ago and the man didn't understand but told me it's possible it could've been cheaper to do this.

Today I went into my local EE and the lady brought up my account which showed I am paying £25 for my iPhone SE and £14 for my Doro (a phone that I don't use) she told me I had been missold and to contact 150 to complain and they would sort this.

I called 150 and the man said he couldn't do it as I'd have to go into the store I originally got the contract. The store is 3 hours away I can't do this on a whim. He gave me the number for the original store to call. He also opened a complaint but told me it "wouldn't go far" as I'd complained over the phone about a store as oppose to complaining directly to the store. 

I called and before even listening to what I had to say she said I had not been missold. She has taken my details and says she will call me back once she has looked at my account but I'm not confident this will be resolved. 

I emailed EE and am awaiting a reply, thought it may be useful to post here too. 

What are are people paying for an iPhone SE with 5mb and unlimited calls and texts and when was your contract taken out? 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is a contract cheaper with a sim share? I think I've been missold!

Hi,

There is no specific account access on these forums. 

You need to complain here.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Jes312
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have already complained directly to EE I just wondered if others had had a similar experience and wondered what others were paying for the same contract. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jes312

Thank you for becoming a member of our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that the level of service, you advise you have received has not met your expectations on this occasion. 

Now that you have a complaint in, I'm confident that the guys who deal with them will be able to look into this for you.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.