by popej
Explorer

Iphone X MAX 4G plan - Annual upgrade question

Hi,

I'm currently 20 months in to my 2 year contract and I haven't yet taken advantage of the annual upgrade. My handset would have been paid off some months ago based on the size of my monthly payments.

My question is whether I can upgrade now and retain my old handset? (normally you have to trade it in to EE on the Annual Upgrade scheme, but I would like to keep it).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Iphone X MAX 4G plan - Annual upgrade question

@popej   You will still be required to pay a set fee to keep it if you upgrade and keep the device or give the device back.  The only way of not having to pay a fee is to wait until 45 days before your contract ends as it’s still a 24 month contract but with the ability to upgrade very early but with a catch. Give back the device or pay a fee to keep it. 

The price you are paying also covers the calls/texts/data not just the device. 

Your best option is to call customer services and see what the costs would be.  

Highlighted
by popej
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt reply Chris

You will still be required to pay a set fee to keep it if you upgrade and keep the device or give the device back.  The only way of not having to pay a fee is to wait until 45 days before your contract ends as it’s still a 24 month contract but with the ability to upgrade very early but with a catch. Give back the device or pay a fee to keep it. 

Understood

The price you are paying also covers the calls/texts/data not just the device. 

I do understand but all that really ties you in after paying for the handset is the contract wording itself, not anything I actually owe to EE. After all I haven't used those calls, texts and data yet. Come on Oftel!

Your best option is to call customer services and see what the costs would be.  

Yes this seems like the best way forward.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@popej   While you haven’t used the minutes/texts/data you did agree to a contract and that contract has within it a set amount to be paid each month until the minimum term.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions