by Markden Investigator
Investigator

Iphone 8 pre order delivery

I preordered iPhone 8 15 September 17  and deposit paid and order confirmed.I was asked to call EE to confirm order and told delivery due 22 September 17 on the release date and said I did not want the watch. I had further EE call to sell me yet more. Order xkn238704858 update delayed no expected delivery date have complained and my son has tweeted how can that be?  No information birthday present!

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Iphone 8 pre order delivery

@Markden   A pre order is not a guarantee of receiving the device on launch day.    You was miss informed by customer services that you would get it on that day.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Markden,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We'll aim to get your iPhone 8 delivered as soon as possible. Some devices are more popular than others and will see a slightly longer delivery time. For the most up to date and personal info about your order login to the order tracker.

Thanks

James

by Markden Investigator
Investigator

James

Yes I logged on to the tracker and it mentioned 25 September to 29 September but the tracker is now blank when I accessed it yesterday. I thought the whole point of pre order was to get the phone on the release day and suppliers would ensure there was plenty of stock to avoid the problems of previous releases obviously not. I would have been better off just queuing at the EE shop on release date shocking customer service!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

by Markden Investigator
Investigator

Chris

The customer service team EE seem more intent on selling as many products to me as possible instead of concentrating on getting the order delivered on the actual date. If I had known pre order is no guarantee of delivery on release date then then I should have been informed so I could have gone to the EE store on release date and collected the phone I thought suppliers would have plenty of supply to guarantee release date delivery to prevent shortages with previous releases but I have no date showing on the tracker just awful customer service!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

by

Hi @Markden,

I'm very sorry for the delay. You will receive a text from our courier, the day before they deliver, to let you know it's on it's way.

Thanks

James

by Fozzy2670 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE has failed badly on the whole Apple launch I would think it’s only going to get worse. Please be aware EE staff will say anything to get your order this has been proved many times over judging by the forum examples of deception by EE staff

by

Hi @Fozzy2670

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way.

The information in the EE Community is the most up-to-date, and comes first-hand from our Apple team, with who we are in daily contact.

For the most accurate and up-to-date information, please refer to:

1. This discussion you're reading now
2. The texts and emails we have sent you about your order

Thanks

Richard

by Markden Investigator
Investigator

Richard

hi I had a call from EE on Saturday to advise iPhone 8 was available in both Gold & Silver but there was a supply issue with Space Grey great news  delivery is due Tuesday 26 Sept 17 and this was further confirmed by me calling EE again the same evening Paul Advisor who stated the same date. But my latest update has no information and no text from EE or DPD? I am beginning to get both worried and annoyed can you please help?

by

Hi @Markden,

DPD send delivery confirmations right up to 8pm.

Hopefully you'll hear from them soon.

You can also download the DPD app for help tracking your delivery.

Thanks

James

by Markden Investigator
Investigator

James no notification from EE or DPD and order update says awaiting confirmation think I need to cpntact EE again! Thanks

by

Hi @Markden,

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the update.

Let us know if you see any updates in the order tracker.

James

by Markden Investigator
Investigator

James I contacted EE guy called Rory confirmed there is a  shortage of Space Grey iPhone 8 phones provided from Apple, now looking to next week I will keep looking at order update thanks.

by Shtiki
Visitor

My delivery date says any day between today and Saturday if you have confirmation its looking like next week does that mean mine will be pushed back to next week too? 

by

Hi @Shtiki,

No need to worry. Orders are processed on a first come, first serve basis, so delivery timescales will differ depending on when you ordered.

Thanks

James

by George_D23
Explorer

I pre-ordered my black iphone 8 on Sunday 17th September, and was also told that on release date it would be availible for me to pick up in store on 22nd; that week. When i arrived in store it was early afternoon and no one else was in there (which i thought was odd considering) and so got served quite quickly. The store assistant went into the back room to collect my phone, but took an unuaually long time, which naturally was frustrating as there was literally nothing else happening. When he came back empty handed naturally i was a bit frustrated but he then went on to tell me "Apple have held back all the black iphone 8's. All the silver and rose gold have been delivered". i obviosuly asked why that is and made me even more frustrated that despite pre-ordering my product to avoid this issue, they had targeted a specific type of the phone to not send to the stores in the area and therefore every poor person who happened to preffer black as the colour of phone they would have to pay through the nose for.. would not be getting it when it was promised. he then went on to say "Apple do this with their products to make it appear to customers that its very popular so that they increase sales long term". this completely gutted me that despite paying good money for a product i was a victim (as are many others) of just a really childish marketing ploy, that was not necassary as i had already commited and paid for it. the fact that EE are telling customers to come in to pick up their product on certains dates and then its not there is a grave waste of our time and money, and just kills customer relations. terrible and apple should be ashmed that despite the growth they have had and the lloyalty from their customers, feel the need to do this to people who ultimatly need a phone.

by

Hi @George_D23,

I'm very sorry to hear your phone wasn't ready for collection.

It's certainly not a case of stock being held back.

We aim to get your phone delivered as soon as possible, however some models are more popular than others and will see a slightly longer delivery time. 

Did you get confirmation that your phone had arrived in store?

Thanks

James

by George_D23
Explorer

Hi James,

No I hadn't received confirmation it had arrived. But I was told that I would be there to collect the following Friday. When it wasn't there they said "it should be here Tuesday but if not the very latest it will come is Wednesday".... it's now about to be Friday and there's no sign of dispatch to store...

Extremely disappointed with the service as I committed 24months and good money to a phone that I actually desperately needed as my current phone is now so old that it's having issues and thought "o well I guess it's time for a new one" so stupidly held out for an iPhone 8. Wouldn't have wasted my time and money preordering it had I have known. I would possibly have just left EE and gone with someone else and got a 7 and be done with it.

George

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @George_D23,

I'm sorry you weren't given the correct information when you placed your pre-order.

EE will contact you as soon as your phone is available for collection.

Alternatively, you could switch to a model that isn't out of stock.

Please see this post for the latest stock information >

Thanks

James 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions