by Millow69 Investigator
Investigator

Insurance a waste of time

Not quite sure where to begin but know how it will end

i have been a loyal customer for a number of years and always got the insurance add on but never actually made a claim.

well the fateful day come as I dropped my phone so checked the details online as I have never received a welcome pack and was delighted to read that there is a 50% discount on excess fees so thought yippee. Decided to call and arrange only to find out that apparently the terms have been updated and I am not eligible for the discount. Now my first rant is the website does not mention this and my second is surely as a gesture of goodwill from a paying customer of around £160 a month would be giving some leeway. Suffice to say with only 5 or so months left on my contract I will be letting run and changing newtwork as I think this is ridiculous. Also anyone know how to check the process of a complaint 

many thanks 

former loyal customer

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Insurance a waste of time

Hi @Millow69

It says about the diclount on the inruance page: https://shop.ee.co.uk/family-home/insurance-and-protection

50% no claims discount on excess fee: Offer only for customers who 1) previously had a Full Cover or Damage Cover product and 2) did not make a successful claim under the Full Cover or Damage Cover policy that immediately preceded the current insurance policy. If you make a successful claim under your Full Cover or Damage Cover policy and you have not completed a successful claim under your previous policy, you will get a one-off 50% no claims discount on the excess payable. Offer not available if there has been a gap between your previous product and your current product; if you have failed to make all monthly payments due for your insurance product; if you made a fraudulent claim on your previous policy or if the claim you submit is fraudulent (in our reasonable opinion).

If you are eligible then you will receive this discount. You also agreed to the excess at the point of sale, as with every insurance product. 

If you feel aggrieved then you can complain to the FOS, Allianz will then pick up your complaint and review the claim. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Millow69

I have sent you a private message on here, so I can get some details from you.

Thanks,

Lee

by Millow69 Investigator
Investigator

That’s what I was led to believe as I fit the criteria but apparently not according to the insurance department

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Millow69

Phone back and speak to someone else. If they give you the same answer then you know it's a problem with EE website. Then complain to the FOS, get your claim paid and compensation.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Millow69 Investigator
Investigator

A kind person rang me and told me the same info basically saying I have to take out a new policy and not make a claim for it to be applicable. 

As the website suggests I should be elibable but apparently not so guess I will be letting my contract run its course and try another provider and wondering if it’s worth taking it up with the financial ombudsmen as I don’t think they are honoring what’s posted. 

Cheers for the help any way

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.