by jackpot60
Explorer

In Australia..4 weeks. Can I use my allowancez

I'm in Australia for 4 weeks. Text from EE asking me to register for add ons. Is this correct or can I use my Wi-Fi usage when I'm out and about?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: In Australia..4 weeks. Can I use my allowancez

Unless you have an EE Max plan taken since 10 May 2007 your UK allowances are not valid for Oz. Roaming costs there can be found in http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austral... .

You may use WiFi wherever you want. It has nowt to do with EE & its mobile data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by jackpot60
Explorer

In Australia..4 weeks.

I'm in Australia for 4 weeks. Text from EE asking me to register for add ons. Is this correct or can I use my Wi-Fi usage when I'm out and about?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: In Australia..4 weeks. Can I use my allowancez

Unless you have an EE Max plan taken since 10 May 2007 your UK allowances are not valid for Oz. Roaming costs there can be found in http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austral... .

You may use WiFi wherever you want. It has nowt to do with EE & its mobile data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: In Australia..4 weeks.

Hello @jackpot60 the add ons text is automatically sent out to anyone who connects to a roaming network abroad and is just for information. You do not need to purchase one if you are happy with just using Wi-Fi hotspots instead but you will not have access to your mobile data connection anywhere else (not applicable to 4GEE MAX plans from 10th May 2017 that include Australia).

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: In Australia..4 weeks.

Hi @jackpot60

Thanks for coming to community to see us 🙂

I hope the information from @XRaySpeX and @tm90 has helped you?

If you need anything else then please come and see us.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.