by RobertMcFadyen
Explorer

If my insurance company replaces my phone will I still be able to annual upgrade

Hi there, 

My iPhone 8+ has been shattered (front and back) and my insurance company said they would have to replace the whole phone instead of fixing the glass on the phone. I'm also due an annual upgrade where I need to hand my phone in for a new one. Considering that the phone is going to be completely replaced, will this still matter to the upgrade or will I be denied the upgrade due to it being a new phone? 

I apologise if this is a stupid question, jsut want to be sure! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: If my insurance company replaces my phone will I still be able to annual upg

Hi @RobertMcFadyen

If you have completed an insurance claim with a 3rd party your handset will still be accepted from ourselves as long as it is the same make and model.

Your Annual Upgrade will not be affected. 

I hope this helps 🙂

Katie 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: If my insurance company replaces my phone will I still be able to annual upg

@RobertMcFadyen: There's no reason you should be denied the upgrade. As the agreement calls for you are handing in an undamaged old phone for a new model after 12 months.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @RobertMcFadyen

Is your insurance via EE? 

It says in the terms and conditions

Phone condition:The phone you return to us must be the same phone you got from us with your
plan or a replacement provided by us where you have made a successful insurance claim for that
phone. It must be in full working condition with no missing, damaged, or cracked parts (e.g. a stylus
for touch screen phones should be included if the phone was originally supplied with one) else you
may be charged.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by RobertMcFadyen
Explorer

Hey there,

my insurance is through my bank. They give me full home and gadget insurnace. I was just worried that if it was a different phone from the original they would somehow know and deny me. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @RobertMcFadyen

It's part of EE t&c. EE will know the history of devices provided by their insurers. 

The issue is that phone/gadget insurers rarely provide new handsets, but reconditioned/third party supplied handsets which are not new and therefore may have had more than one owner/are supplied originally by another network.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: Not quite the same wording in "my" Annual Upgrade terms and conditions :

Phone condition:
The phone you return to us must be the same phone you got from us with your plan or an insurance replacement where you have made a successful insurance claim for that phone. It must be in full working condition with no missing, damaged, or cracked parts

No "provided by us" about it. Could be any insurance co.

Also the Help Can I get an annual upgrade? says:

I replaced my phone through an insurance claim, am I still eligible?

Yes – as long as it’s the same model and memory type that you took at the start of the contract.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX

Brilliant, two sets of T&C both saying different criteria.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: Well, you (& EE) don't expect new handsets after 1 year. So phone/gadget insurers will be providing handsets at least as good as the 1 being replaced.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner: & not even dated Smiley Wink!

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @RobertMcFadyen

If you have completed an insurance claim with a 3rd party your handset will still be accepted from ourselves as long as it is the same make and model.

Your Annual Upgrade will not be affected. 

I hope this helps 🙂

Katie 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions