by bobwooden Investigator
Investigator

If I pick up a SIM in-store, can I register for a 12-month SIM-only contract?

I would like to sign up for the 20GB Mega March deal, however I do not have time for the SIM to be posted. Would it be possible to collect the SIM from an EE (and Argos) store, and then register it online. Then could I purchase the 12-month contract for that SIM/phone number?

Thanks

Bob

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: If I pick up a SIM in-store, can I register for a 12-month SIM-only contract

Yes, you won't pay anything in-store.  You also sign the contract in-store.  EE will take all the same details as if you are ordering online.

Do take some photo ID with you though and you will need access to your bank account details for setting up a direct debit.  You also will need a debit card as EE will also need to perform a security / credit check which involves a £2 card payment which is then immediately refunded.

Do remember though that in-store purchases comes with no cooling off period so make 100% sure the plan you end up with is the plan you want.

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: If I pick up a SIM in-store, can I register for a 12-month SIM-only contract

An EE Store would be able to sell you any SIM only plan.  Retail stores *may* not be able to offer the same online deals though.

You cannot get yourself a PAYG EE SIM from anywhere else and then transfer a pay monthly plan to that SIM unfortunately.

Investigator

So if I went into an EE store, they could sell me a pay monthly plan? And give me the SIM card there are then?

If so, how exactly would I pay? Just for the first month, and the rest is online? Or pay online once I have brought the SIM home.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Yes, you won't pay anything in-store.  You also sign the contract in-store.  EE will take all the same details as if you are ordering online.

Do take some photo ID with you though and you will need access to your bank account details for setting up a direct debit.  You also will need a debit card as EE will also need to perform a security / credit check which involves a £2 card payment which is then immediately refunded.

Do remember though that in-store purchases comes with no cooling off period so make 100% sure the plan you end up with is the plan you want.

Investigator

Okay, thank you very much for you help.

I'll drop in tomorrow and see if they offer the online deal, and if so, sign up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bobwooden   It's called a online deal for a reason.   Stores don't always sell the same offers as online sales. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @bobwooden and welcome to the Community.

I have just double checked for you and the MEGA MARCH SIM DEAL is available in our retail stores.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.