by SC81 Investigator
Investigator

I was told I got a free Samsung watch when renewing my contract

I was told I would get a free samsung watch when renewing my contract. Samsung have just emailed me saying I'm not eligible. I wish to cancel my contract unless you sort it out.

14 REPLIES 14
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: I was told I got a free Samsung watch when renewing my contract

What phone did you buy and what plan?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

And when did you purchase it

by SC81 Investigator
Investigator

So I was lied to by yourselves?
by SC81 Investigator
Investigator

I got told I would get the samsung watch

I got told I would get the samsung watch when I renewed my contract 3 weeks ago. Just had an email from Samsung saying the S10+ isn't eligible as it isn't 5g. Mis sold. **bleep**. Cancelling my contract.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @SC81 

You need to call EE CS on 150 about this issue as there is no account access on these forums.

You are referring to this offer?

Claim a free Galaxy Watch Active

Promoter:Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited. UK or ROI residents aged 18+ or registered Companies. Samsung Galaxy S10 or S105G must be purchased between 09/09/19 – 30.09.19 from a participating retailer (in-store, online or via telesales) and must be received and not returned. Claims must be made online between 0 - 30 days from the date of purchase. Maximum 1 Claim per Purchase, 2 Claims per individual and 250 per Company. For a list of participating retailers and full T&Cs see https://www.samsung.com/uk/watch-active-offer/or https://www.samsung.com/ie/watch-active-offer/

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Can we answer the questions

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SC81,

Welcome to to the EE Community. 🙂

Did Samsung mention why you weren't eligible?

Thanks

James

by Holmes1989 Investigator
Investigator

Livid customer here EE.

After upgrading my contract on the 2nd of January 2019 for an s10 plus and galaxy active watch plus with a debit card purchase of 30 pounds because that was the offer. phone came no problem not once was i told by EE staff to claim my watch from samsung.

Despite many calls to your customer service team to find out about the option to claim from samsung some of the following conversations were had with your staff.

1. 1st phone call samsung will be in touch regarding the watch in a few days.

2 . 2nd phone call after having no such response from samsung call i had to wait 14 days for the cooling off period of the contract before Samsung will be in touch.

Its now after 30 days of me having this upgrade i finally called Customer service on the 3rd of February and a Friendly Chap told me how to claim from samsung and the promotion with the upgrade was with a link sent to my phone number he asked me to stay on the line whislt i went through the claim process via the Samsung link provided all by this EE customer service rep.

Now the issue i have is samsung have emailed me regarding my claim saying ita on hold becuase of more info needed.

After calling back today for proof of purchase to provide to samsung you have sent me a date or supply of connection letter which after having another email from samsung is not good enough.

There promo for this watch states it must be redeemed within 30 days of purchase of eligible device. So your lies and untrained staff who clearly have no idea of current promos and the terms and conditions are a joke.

I will call customer services to get another proof of purchase from EE and see if this will work. Im extremely unhappy with you EE

Investigator

Galaxy active watch promo complaint

Livid customer here EE.

After upgrading my contract on the 2nd of January 2019 for an s10 plus and galaxy active watch plus with a debit card purchase of 30 pounds because that was the offer. phone came no problem not once was i told by EE staff to claim my watch from samsung.

Despite many calls to your customer service team to find out about the option to claim from samsung some of the following conversations were had with your staff.

1. 1st phone call samsung will be in touch regarding the watch in a few days.

2 . 2nd phone call after having no such response from samsung call i had to wait 14 days for the cooling off period of the contract before Samsung will be in touch.

Its now after 30 days of me having this upgrade i finally called Customer service on the 3rd of February and a Friendly Chap told me how to claim from samsung and the promotion with the upgrade was with a link sent to my phone number he asked me to stay on the line whislt i went through the claim process via the Samsung link provided all by this EE customer service rep.

Now the issue i have is samsung have emailed me regarding my claim saying ita on hold becuase of more info needed.

After calling back today for proof of purchase to provide to samsung you have sent me a date or supply of connection letter which after having another email from samsung is not good enough.

There promo for this watch states it must be redeemed within 30 days of purchase of eligible device. So your lies and untrained staff who clearly have no idea of current promos and the terms and conditions are a joke.

I will call customer services to get another proof of purchase from EE and see if this will work. Im extremely unhappy with you EE

by

Good Morning @Holmes1989

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening when trying to process a claim for your Samsung Watch.

Please be sure to let me know once you have submitted your new proof of purchase if any further information is required.

Katie 🙂

Investigator

Hi proof of purchase was submitted but again claim is on hold with samsung
untill ee can provide me a proof of purchase that fits there terms and
condition they have told me a supply and connection date letter as proof of
purchase will not suffice
by

Hi @Holmes1989

On the redemption page, there is a section for 'Support'. 

Have you spoken with Samsung to see what is required?

A standard proof of purchase should be accepted. 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

I have spoken with them over the phone ee would have to supply me with
something showing the day my new contract was purchased not a supply and
connect letter it doesnt work with there terms and conditions
by

Hi @Holmes1989 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Did you get a confirmation email after you submitted your order for the upgrade, which included the date of the order?

Is your claim still on hold at the moment?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.