by Aleexandra25 Investigator
Investigator

I wanted an upgrade anytime plan but I have just found out that I didn’t get it

So, when I added another contract to my existing one I insisted and checked online to be an upgrade anytime plan. I was told on the phone, where I ordered the phone I wanted that it’s what I asked for just to find out today when I called that it’s not an upgrade anytime plan. I am really disappointed as I pay lots of money monthly to you. I asked the customer service if it’s something I can do but I was told that is nothing she can do without even checking!! It’s frustrating and I will not upgrade anymore as I can tell that EE does not pay attention to the customer needs! I would like to get some advice, as I really want this to get fixed!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I wanted an upgrade anytime plan but I have just found out that I didn’t get

Consumer Rights Act 2015

If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.

You can state your preference, but the retailer can normally choose whichever would be cheapest or easier for it to do.

If the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product.

I should keep quoting this Act at them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I wanted an upgrade anytime plan but I have just found out that I didn’t get

If you're within your 14 day cooling off period you can just cancel. Even outside it you can reject it as not as described. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

My contact is 5 months old at the moment.. Can I still reject it? I am so furious that I haven’t found out earlier so I can really do something about it.. 

by Legend
Legend

Hi @Aleexandra25 

To answer your question no, you cannot reject after 5 months. After 5 months you should have noticed your tariff was wrong, it's a bit unbelievable you didn't notice. 

You can try and upgrade your tariff, have you spoken to EE CS?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

I had some family problems and I haven’t checked online until today, that’s how I’ve noticed that I have no upgrade option even if I know what I have asked for and what I was told I was getting. I have called CS and she just said nothing can be done. No apologies, she didn’t even try to check if there is really something they can do

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Consumer Rights Act 2015

If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.

You can state your preference, but the retailer can normally choose whichever would be cheapest or easier for it to do.

If the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product.

I should keep quoting this Act at them.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Aleexandra25.

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

I have sent you a private message, please take a look when you have the chance. 

Speak soon,

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.